New game from JoshProd: Gladmort

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

dubcity
Super Sonic

New game from JoshProd: Gladmort

Post by dubcity »

Here is the announcement video. JoshProd is doing a kickstarter for the game. It will also be on Neo Geo.

DCGX
Metallic

Re: New game from JoshProd: Gladmort

Post by DCGX »

The Kickstarter was funded on the first day. There's a US, Japanese and PAL style for Dreamcast. Only the PAL style comes with a physical soundtrack and is limited to 1000 copies.

Shipping to the US for any of them is $32! That's as much as the US and Japanese style tiers. Oy.

The Kickstarter says the game will be available for preorder later, not a surprise, but the price will likely go up. Then it'll go on sale a lot like all their other games.

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post by dubcity »

I don't want to pay the high US shipping price. The shipping price is almost same as the game. Although they are including the steam version in with each tier. I might wait to see what reviewers say and then catch it at VGNY.

Holsten
killer

Post by Holsten »

I would wait until the game is out. Got screwed over with pre orders too many times.
Holsten knallt am dollsten.

DCGX
Metallic

Post by DCGX »

Well and someone in the Kickstarter comments posed a very good question: will this game be built ground up for the Dreamcast, or will it be using a Neo-Geo emulator. Obviously, JoshProd's Neo-Geo-to-DC ports have been using an emulator, and their performance have been sub-par. No answer yet from PixelHeart.

They did say they're looking into adding the physical soundtrack as an add-on.

I think I'm firmly in the wait and see until it's out camp now. Even if you pay a little more later, shipping will be less even by PixelHeart's own admission because of how shipping works with Kickstarter...apparently. Or better yet, VGP will probably get it and their free shipping threshold is relatively low (I pre-order my Evercade games from them so I never pay shipping).

OatBob
MegaDeath

Post by OatBob »

Complain about shipping all you want, I never recieved an entire wave from RushOn. There are worse systems of pre-orders and delivery. At least JoshProd has a solid track record of pressing their discs... unlike some people.
shinjitsunayu.me/ - web content for DC.

galaxygod
blackout!

Post by galaxygod »

Joshprod said it’s being ported to Dreamcast and not emulated, I checked the pixel heart store and shipping from the store to the us is only around $8 so I’m definitely going to wait until they’re selling copies there.

Joshprod also said there would be 3 or 4 new games this year for Dreamcast, I hope at least one of them is more Dreamcast focused, would be cool if they did another 3D title

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSOv2
Quake 3 Arena
Alien Front Online
Chu Chu Rocket
Ooga Booga
And more

Post by Nico0020 »

DCGX wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:24 am Well and someone in the Kickstarter comments posed a very good question: will this game be built ground up for the Dreamcast, or will it be using a Neo-Geo emulator. Obviously, JoshProd's Neo-Geo-to-DC ports have been using an emulator, and their performance have been sub-par. No answer yet from PixelHeart.
That was my first throught when I saw this KickStarter. Mind you the game doesn't appeal to me much anyways, but I wanted to ask this to let others know. Other NeoGeo games have been emulated, and I was disappointed with them. So if they are basing this KS on the fact there will be a DC version, they need to state that it is actually being ported to the DC proper.

DCGX
Metallic

Post by DCGX »

Let's hope so. I'll be waiting for reviews. It's not like JoshProd games aren't available pretty much everywhere and often on sale.

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO: anything with mayu in its name = me

Post by mazonemayu »

DCGX wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 10:58 am Let's hope so. I'll be waiting for reviews. It's not like JoshProd games aren't available pretty much everywhere and often on sale.
Same here, they have such an awful track record with their shitty ports, I just don’t trust em anymore, unless they publish a game that was built from the ground up for the DC…
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here