POSTAL: DIGITAL EDITION is now FREE direct from Publisher

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

MoeFoh
Uber

POSTAL: DIGITAL EDITION is now FREE direct from Publisher

Post#1 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:12 pm

https://www.wavegamestudios.com/shop/postal-digital

Post if you have success on the download.

Update: The download is a 512MB ZIP file.
It ran fine on Android reicast.
Has special support for the Twin Stick and WingmanSD. Nice touch!
Looks to be a professional quality release.
Manual is nicely done.
There is a violence warning.
Last edited by MoeFoh on Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

Zoarb
lithium

Re: POSTAL: DIGITAL EDITION is now FREE

Post#2 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:24 pm

You might want to look at the fallout behind it being a free version first bud. One of our devs, who was responsible for it, had the wind taken out of his sails, and lost motivation. Understandably so to be honest.

This, I believe, was the main push behind Ian posting that video earlier.
Life is a gamble.

Nothing is guaranteed.

Don't put all your chips on red.

If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

But above all, make sure you
HAVE FUN

enfilade
shadow

Post#3 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:35 pm

▲THIS

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#4 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:06 pm

Zoarb wrote:You might want to look at the fallout behind it being a free version first bud. One of our devs, who was responsible for it, had the wind taken out of his sails, and lost motivation. Understandably so to be honest.

I'm not the one offering a free digital download - the publisher is. Let that sink in. I presume you will buying the CD version, yes?
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

Zoarb
lithium

Post#5 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:02 pm

MoeFoh wrote:
Zoarb wrote:You might want to look at the fallout behind it being a free version first bud. One of our devs, who was responsible for it, had the wind taken out of his sails, and lost motivation. Understandably so to be honest.

I'm not the one offering a free digital download - the publisher is. Let that sink in. I presume you will buying the CD version, yes?

Before I start this, I want to say, this could have all been avoided if you hadn't doubled down.

Alright, let's point out issues with everything you put. Point by point. It's been awhile, so I'm a bit rusty. So pleaese forgive me.

1: I'm not the one offering a free digital download -:

You are correct. You are not the one offering the digital download. But you are the one supporting it by sharing the link.

2: the publisher is (in regards to the one offering the free digitial download):
Same logic as "I'm not bad for doing drugs. The dealer is bad for giving it to me". But I'll entertain your point.

First. Let's point out the biggest falacy with your logic. It's like when people pop on World of Warcraft after saying how much they disapprove of what Blizzzard did, but defend themselves by saying they're not paying for the sub. It doesn't matter. They're still numbers the horrible company can show to investors, advertisers, prospective clients, etc.

However you chose to justify it, it doesn't make it ok.

The publisher is at fault here regardless. AKA Running with Scissors. They're the ones who made the call to make the game free. And because of that Dan is no longer receiving any kind of monetization from the project's digital distribution because of said publisher. And the distributor, aka, the people from the link you posted, are not the problem here either. They are just doing what they are told by RWS. AKA the rights holder for the series.

3: -Let that sink in. :

I know you're not familiar with me, but trust me, I don't need anything to "sink in" considering I have done my fair share of research when it comes to distribution rights. And copyright. And I certainly don't need education from someone who refuses to pay for other devs hard work if it's still being actively sold. As well as when that same person has encouraged piracy, and seemingly continues.

4: I presume you will buying the CD version, yes? :
Not that it matters, but I'll answer your question.

No. I will not be buying the physical release. As I do not know if the money goes to the rightful people. And quite frankly, it's not my type of game. So I wouldn't have bought it regardless. But I will be reaching out to Dan this Friday as it is my payday, and toss a couple of bucks their way if they'll let me.
Life is a gamble.

Nothing is guaranteed.

HAVE FUN

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Post#6 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:19 pm

Zoarb wrote: But I will be reaching out to Dan this Friday as it is my payday, and toss a couple of bucks their way if they'll let me.

Any luck with this , please let me know. I also want to pay a couple of bucks !

Zoarb
lithium

Post#7 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:21 pm

FlorreW wrote:
Zoarb wrote: But I will be reaching out to Dan this Friday as it is my payday, and toss a couple of bucks their way if they'll let me.

Any luck with this , please let me know. I also want to pay a couple of bucks !

I'll be sure to let you know. :)
Last edited by Zoarb on Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is a gamble.

Nothing is guaranteed.

HAVE FUN

CORE316
photon blast

Post#8 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:44 pm

MoeFoh wrote:https://www.wavegamestudios.com/shop/postal-digital

Why would you not have success on a download from an OFFICIAL DISTRIBUTOR? Who is the Indie Pirate here?

M8 come on. So your starting on someone else?

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#9 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:50 pm

CORE316 wrote:
MoeFoh wrote:https://www.wavegamestudios.com/shop/postal-digital

Why would you not have success on a download from an OFFICIAL DISTRIBUTOR? Who is the Indie Pirate here?

M8 come on. So your starting on someone else?

Nobody is a pirate - it's free to download. I was looking for verification as some people might think it's a scam.

Edit: For the record - I won't be downloading the free offer.
Update: Downloaded for testing purposes.
Last edited by MoeFoh on Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Charles Bukowski

fafadou
Gold Lion

Re: POSTAL: DIGITAL EDITION is now FREE direct from Publisher

Post#10 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:44 pm

I'm not sure I'll buy it because it's not my kind of game too.
But now if there is a way to pay directly Dan, I'm on it.