*NEW* - Resident Evil 2: Special Edition PLUS (RELEASE!)

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Green Ranger
killer

*NEW* - Resident Evil 2: Special Edition PLUS (RELEASE!)

Post#1 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:28 pm

(Looking for the 2022 release of Resident Evil 2: Special Edition? Scroll towards the bottom of this post to find those downloads links)

Resident Evil 2: Special Edition Plus (aka RE2SE PLUS)-
Game Mod by Green Ranger (released 03/2024)

What It Is:
A huge update to 2022's Resident Evil 2: Special Edition Mod (aka RE2SE). Whether you've played the previous Mod or not, RE2SE PLUS has something for everyone since it contains the elements found in RE2SE, plus the following-

What's New:
i) 4 new cutscenes- 2 for Claire and 2 for Leon (press the action button to progress cutscene dialogue)

ii) New image of Jill, Chris & Brad in game's opening intro (Scenario A).

iii) The van no longer blocks the way in Kendo's alley

iv) Important items have been relocated

v) Special locker key now attainable at police station in Leon's A and B scenario and in Claire's B scenario

vi) Flamethrower is now available at the police station (Leon)

vii) New item! Flamethrower ammo can be found throughout the game (Leon)

viii) New item! Sparkshot ammo can be found for Claire's Sparkshot gun (Scenario B)

ix) New puzzle! Read Secretary's Diary A for clues on how to find and solve a new puzzle to attain essential items for Leon and Claire

x) Film D has a new photo of Rebecca Chambers

xi) Some previously unlocked doors now require police precinct keys for access

xii) More enemy encounters

xiii) Music tracks added to the following-
a) Frozen laboratory room
b) Raccoon City Streets 3
c) Outside the Police Station

xiv) More Easter Eggs! Interact with the background to find all the cleverly placed references.

xv) Removed Chief Irons from Leon's A+B scenario, Leon can instead find the Mayor's daughter's body.

xvi) Various other tweaks and bugfixes

RE2 SE PLUS Ttle Screen (Leon).jpg

DOWNLOAD LINKS-
RE2SE PLUS (Leon Disc, CDI)- https://mega.nz/file/l6xSyRiR#RuHx43q2B7bh-98ymQl2H8WosZt6K9m6MM26HwzTrdI

RE2SE PLUS (Claire Disc, CDI)- https://mega.nz/file/MmAkUbCa#mCkYWxEL8Hoc6OMY5bTVRW6EmEheznEVcZfBbppRjNo

RE2SE PLUS GDIs (thanks to megavolt85)- https://mega.nz/file/Nw5mEJyB#53qjW2b9UAaEodWCNgCIs43019zyI4r0PpsAdC365zc

*IMPORTANT*-
When playing RE2SE PLUS, do not use pre-existing saves from RE2SE or from the original non-modded game. Pre-existing saves store past data which no longer apply to the new Mod and will result in errors if used with RE2SE PLUS. Start up a new game with fresh saves in order to play through RE2SE PLUS without issues.

*NOTE*- This is the PAL version of Resident Evil 2 which can be played on all Dreamcast consoles regardless of Region. If using VGA video output, the game starts automatically. If you're using Composite or S-Video, you'll be greeted with a Display Select Screen. Choose the 2nd option, '60Hz PAL' if you're in NTSC regions.

Select.jpg

*** THIS MOD IS ONLY PLAYABLE IN ENGLISH, AS SUCH PLEASE HAVE ENGLISH SELECTED AS THE LANGUAGE OF CHOICE. ***

Giving Thanks:
RE2SE PLUS uses some 3d models and textures from the PC game which were converted by myself into a format the Dreamcast can read/play. Additionally, some PC models and textures were altered by myself to suit the purposes of this Mod. Credits to the creators/providers of the original PC models and textures are shown below-

1) Leigiboy for his Ada Trenchcoat Costume (modified by me)

2) Rusty for his white shirt Male survivor, Female survivor, Worker Zombie & Ark Thompson model/skin (Ark modified by me)

3) Andrew Coyte/Enrico Marini for his zombie dog skin/model, Spider texture and Elza skin (Elza skin modified by me)

4) Enrico Marini/Project Safehouse team for their EM01F/EM11F Zombie skins, Female Zombie Cop and Fat Zombie Cop (Fat Zombie Cop modified by me)

5) Custom zombie boy model created by myself by editing Sherry's base model. Partial zombie skin texture provided by Project Safehouse.

a) Custom zombie girl created by myself by editing 3d model and textures provided by Project Safehouse

6) Komizo for his Mr.X model/skin & new Leon default costume with back dash ability (Leon modified by me)

7) Silent Hill Origins straitjacket zombie by DarkSpyda04 (modified by me)

8) Resident Evil 1.5 Female Zombie by MartinBiohazard (modified by me)

9) Running Crimson Head Scientists by VirusPunk

10) RE2 Demo Rocket Launcher model provided by kevstah2004

11) Leon's new Locker PL0A costume (MSF) by Dekker (modified by me)

12) Claire's new Locker costume/model by Rebecca Chambers (modified by me)

13) Storm Trooper costume/model by John Spider

14) Living Brad Vickers model/texture provided by Andrew Coyte/Project Safehouse (modified by me) <---- new to RE2SE PLUS

15) Woman texture (Maria -SH2) provided by Project Safehouse <---- new to RE2SE PLUS

*NOTE*- In order for Sherry to use weapons, I created custom weapon hands for her to handle the knife and Colt. This is present in both RE2SE and RE2SE PLUS.

Sherry Shooting 2.jpg

Special thanks to Komizo for granting permission to use his Mr. X model and for the use of Leon's back dash ability animation to be inserted into the following characters-

i) Claire (active in her default costume)
ii) Ada
iii) Ark Thompson
iv) Hunk

Also sending a shout-out to PixelAvenger1, for his helpful introductory tutorial for creating cutscenes.

Claire 2.jpg

Known Issues:
i) A few objects in Kendo's alley lack sound effects.

ii) Even though Ark Thompson is playable in Extreme Battle Mode, you'll still see Chris's name when you beat Battle mode with Ark.

iii) Not actually a bug, but worth mentoning- When using the DEMO version of the Rocket Launcher (Exclusive to Leon's Disc), the retail Rocket Launcher image still appears when you 'examine' the item. Its icons have been updated to the DEMO one, but I'm unsure as to how to replace its larger image when the item is examined.

iv) Extreme Battle Mode will sometimes freeze when you complete a stage. Most times you can play through all of Extreme Battle Mode without any freezing at all, so it's random. Unsure as to the cause but it apparently happens in CDI versions of the original non-modded game as well. As a precaution, save your game in each stage before completing it so as to avoid starting over Extreme Battle. If it does freeze, simultaneously press A,B,X,Y and Start on your controller to get back to the main menu.

*Please let me know if you encounter any (game breaking?) bugs. While I don't think you'll encounter any, it's always possible I might've missed something during my evaluation playthroughs. If that's the case just reach out to me and I'll see what i can do. :)

Ada.jpg

If you're interested in knowing which tools were used in the creation of this Mod, see below-
BIO2GPS by The Moritician
Blender
Adobe Photoshop
ADXENCD
AdxConverter
SFDMUX
RESIDENT EVIL 1&2 Height Adjust V0.1 by Enrico Marini
Hex Workshop 6.7
IPBIN Logo Tool
RE2MemoEditor, RE2ADTEditor, EMDViewer & RE2MV (by Leo2236)
Nova Audio Extractor
ReTextEditor by GameZelda
TIM2VIEW
TMPGEnc
Wav2adpcm
BIOFAT
BIOSCRIPT

And Finally:
I hope everyone that plays this Mod enjoys it! Resident Evil 2 is one of my favorite games and this was fun to work on. This is purely a non-profit fan project that was done to increase the title's replayability and to let other Dreamcast fans know that this game is moddable, should they want to try!

*I do not own the rights to the Resident Evil games or franchise and this project is not intended to infringe upon the rights of their respective owners- this project is a means to encourage further interest in a survival horror title that is no longer available/distributed on the market for a gaming console that has long been discontinued.

Extract the CDIs and the README file from the archive. CDIs are selfbooting, just burn it in Discjuggler or IMGBURN to play on your console or use a Dreamcast emulator that plays WinCE games (such as Redream). Enjoy and thank you for your patience and support! Feel free to subscribe to my YouTube channel for videos on my various Dreamcast modding projects-
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEzvJ7 ... XD0n-ItpTg

Ark.jpg

-Green Ranger

P.S.- If you would still like to download 2022's RE2SE release, you can do so from the following links below-
FIXED VERSION- RE2 Special Edition (Claire Disc)

RE2 Special Edition (Leon Disc)

GDI version of RE2SE for Dreamshell/ODE users with CLAIRE FIX (thanks to megavolt85 for preparing the GDI versions)
Last edited by Green Ranger on Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:21 am, edited 29 times in total.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Re: Resident Evil 2: Special Edition (RELEASE!)

Post#2 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:42 pm

I assume deaths no one has cracked what obscures them to black in all three regions

Thanks for the kind work!!

EDIT: I'm also curious as to why PAL version, so it's going to be VGA exclusive for 60hz can't s-vid

Green Ranger
killer

Post#3 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:04 pm

mistamontiel wrote:I assume deaths no one has cracked what obscures them to black in all three regions

Thanks for the kind work!!

EDIT: I'm also curious as to why PAL version, so it's going to be VGA exclusive for 60hz can't s-vid

You can use Composite and/or S-video. If not using VGA, you'll be greeted with this select screen. Choose the second option 60Hz PAL to play if you're in NTSC regions. If you have VGA enabled, it bypasses this screen entirely.

Select.jpg

EDIT: I've also updated the first post with these instructions.

Dirge Of Ram
Graffiti Grind

Post#4 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:14 am

Thank You Mr Green Ranger, this has been your long awaited dream to make this happen for the Dreamcast system. First to be playing this just unable to burn discs today ugh sorry. Downloaded anyways.

Solid features right there I do hope you get crowd playing this very soon.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#5 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:33 am

Bé proud of you dear @green ranger.
It's not possible to release a gdi for dreamshell users please ?

gazu2020
noob

Post#6 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:50 pm

great job@green ranger . I congratulate you, I will be encouraged with your permission to make a gdi. to use in retrodream
Gazu.sva.electronic

Green Ranger
killer

Post#7 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:21 pm

fafadou wrote:Bé proud of you dear @green ranger.
It's not possible to release a gdi for dreamshell users please ?

I do not have/use Dreamshell so I wouldn't be able to test any GDIs on my end. gazu2020 has offered to create GDI versions of my release for use in Retrodream, would that be suitable for Dreamshell? I cannot seem to find information on Dreamshell's compatibility for the PAL release of RE2, but I hear that Retrodream provides better compatibility overall. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

gazu2020 wrote:great job@green ranger . I congratulate you, I will be encouraged with your permission to make a gdi. to use in retrodream

Permission granted! I ask that you please include the README file from the CDI release since it contains essential information, as well as incorporate the logos from the CDI IP.BINs into the GDIs (if possible). Once you make the GDIs and they're confirmed to be working, I will update my first post by adding your download links and give you the credit for assembling the GDI copies. Keep me posted :)

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#8 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:34 pm

I don't understand, why you can't run CDI if optical disc emulation so great

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#9 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:20 am

Went to go play this last night and the 2 burned cds didn't play

I burned CDI as IMAGE ,

Was I suppose to burn entire folder as image instead ? :lol:

megavolt85
Developer

Post#10 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:49 am