TMNT Rescue Palooza Dreambor

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Re: TMNT Rescue Palooza Dreambor

Post#11 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:06 am

Dakangel wrote:Exact same as the PC in almost every aspect with the original but heavy optimized to allow running it on the Dreamcast.

This is a very rought test and playtrought for the mentioned game and altought some problems due the 16bit palette and an engine that doesnt release the ram, it goes pretty well.
I forgot to save in the vmu so all the advance is lost, but anyway is just a video to show it running it with a gdemu and the most up to date Dreambor from Ian.

Great, If you can preserve the 4p function at modding, it will be greater
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

Dakangel
letterbomb

Post#12 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:39 pm

NeoSnk wrote:Wow this game is looking awesome! Can you share the CDI with us?

Yes, im still testing the game to be properly playable and i found a common recurrent bug in all versions of the openbor main engine itself (pc,wii,psp,android and dreamcast) after the bug fest end i will upload it for everyone.

Ro Magnus Larsson wrote:Great, If you can preserve the 4p function at modding, it will be greater

That´s the idea, preserving the exact same game using the less ram possible but obviously the dreamcast will struggle with 4 players due the masive quantity of playable characters, the ram will fall more quiker (engine well known issue in all versions) but it will stay as original intended.

marchegiano wrote:Exciting stuff Dark, thanks for sharing bud

As im not fan of the franchise is why is taking me time to testing it but it seems someone on the other forum got mad and ended up banning me haha.

Ahh i remember that Msmalik is registered here , he was triying to make an official light version of the game and after I sent him what I had advanced he did not respond again (not even out of courtesy) taking it with his own and after weeks of waiting it was better to show to all the dreamcast version that I had optimizing since the beginning of last year.

marchegiano
Quad Damage

Post#13 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:50 am

Dakangel wrote:
marchegiano wrote:Exciting stuff Dark, thanks for sharing bud

As im not fan of the franchise is why is taking me time to testing it but it seems someone on the other forum got mad and ended up banning me haha.

Ahh i remember that Msmalik is registered here , he was triying to make an official light version of the game and after I sent him what I had advanced he did not respond again (not even out of courtesy) taking it with his own and after weeks of waiting it was better to show to all the dreamcast version that I had optimizing since the beginning of last year.

:lol: No one ever claims to not love turtles! You just threw Diageneses' lamp down a well, that's some honesty.
I think it's really cool you took on the work anyway.

Yeah, that's a bit, what my kids would call "sussy". They've always treated my DC questions with disdain and been kinda jerky to me, but banning and ghosting for sharing work is crazy. I would make a video capturing where I am at too.

MondoGecko
minority

Post#14 » Mon May 09, 2022 12:03 am

Awesome work, can't wait to see the bugs ironed out and the CDI released. I had similar experiences with the OpenBOR community a few years back when asking if the creator of Rescue Palooza could release a low memory version of the game to be playable on Wii, since I was playing a lot of OpenBOR titles on Wii at that time. The creator was kind enough to consider it but a few vocal members of the community seemed to really dislike the idea, for some reason.
In any case it's really incredible to see this running on Dreamcast. Again, awesome work.

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#15 » Mon May 09, 2022 11:42 am

Dakangel wrote:

SMH. That community is something else when it comes to Dreamcast. I don't really know all the history but they go out of their way to not support it. And frown upon anyone trying to support it.

Optimizing someone else's work can be a problem in that the original creator might not want their creation to be changed. But if the creator was cool with it why did they give him shit for that? That's messed up. Damn gate keepers.
Last edited by dubcity on Mon May 09, 2022 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NeoSnk
Outtrigger

Post#16 » Mon May 09, 2022 4:40 pm

I can't wait to try this one, it is looking great!
For tutorials and homebrews access Titan Game Studios: https://titangamestudioscom.wordpress.com/
For interviews and gameplay support me on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/@NaiAdventure/featured

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#17 » Mon May 09, 2022 4:43 pm

We have new memory saving script that will help as well now

Dakangel
letterbomb

Post#18 » Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:13 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:We have new memory saving script that will help as well now

Hi Ian ,i record a new video showing more progress in the game but at the same time it highlight some dreambor problems ,one of it being lag with the first stage due the background wave effect i suppose and in the last stage viewed the same happen with the water layer.

In the other hand as you can see in the video final minute, the game doesnt save in the vmu, the console reboot directly to the gdmenu.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#19 » Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:16 pm

Please list what version reboot to gdemu is link to quit there was bugs in 6.9 and 7 with this..

Send me the files and i test all this fast i have BBA now I will debug and make a new version some of these things i know about..
One is Vmu saving if the file gets bigger then the vmu

water effect is common problem script error turn ther rate down in the txt files.. Fine for pc not for dc the water rate needs to be much lower it then works

It does save are you puting can save 2 in the levels txt ? water effect i can fix not dreambor problem it's game problem quit the game back to the menu it saves what version are you use 7.1 saves ..

Saving only happens when you put can save 2 in the levels txt and you quit to the main menu just like pc open bor..

Water or wave effect can be solved .. Script is spaming the whole level many times on that game when you dont need to solved that before on this game..

You only had 58 blocks free it needs almost the whole vmu that's why it cant save if you completed that many levels the save gets bigger and bigger ..

Ether did not put can save 2 or the vmu did not have enff blocks.. I can show you it saving on all my games correct and ripfires..

I will start puting a version number when it loads I have new version that now works on GDI so no need to use cdi for gdemu anymore..

Dakangel
letterbomb

Post#20 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:48 am

Ian Micheal wrote:It does save are you puting can save 2 in the levels txt ? water effect i can fix not dreambor problem it's game problem quit the game back to the menu it saves what version are you use 7.1 saves ..

I will start puting a version number when it loads I have new version that now works on GDI so no need to use cdi for gdemu anymore..

I am using your latest version, the 7.1 with save and rumble capabilities and now that i have solved both stages problems is time to test the entire game from start to finish before a proper release.

Maybe you are right about the save file size because i tried with only the problematic fixed stages and the save works right away as you can see on the video above.