Shadow Gangs

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

DarkSynbios
DC-Talk Addict

Re: Shadow Gangs

Post#31 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:32 pm

mazonemayu wrote:
DCGX wrote:The problem is that large backer surges usually come at the very beginning of a Kickstarter campaign, or right when it's near or reached the goal.

I watched SLX's video (I'm a subscriber), but as others have stated, a common comment on the video is still the high goal amount.

I really, really want this to succeed. I really want to play it on Dreamcast, but I just don't see it happening. I know you have your reasons why the goal is so high, and they're legitimate, but the fact is most people just think about the goal amount and how much it will cost them personally, and not much beyond that.

Well, no matter how it turns out, even if it fails a company like WAVE or Josh Prod will prolly be happy to release it on disc (or they would be complete imbeciles :lol: ). And after that he will be a respected asset in the indie scene, considering the quality of the game and all. In time, a second game will do much better coz he will have gained the people’s trust.

If Kickstarter fails I prefer WAVE publish it because they release it with Pal logo :P

I hope all DC fans understand the Shadow Gang it almost complete game and support it as well. I believe more users here need the SD Card version right??? :P

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#32 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:44 pm

DarkSynbios wrote:
mazonemayu wrote:
DCGX wrote:The problem is that large backer surges usually come at the very beginning of a Kickstarter campaign, or right when it's near or reached the goal.

I watched SLX's video (I'm a subscriber), but as others have stated, a common comment on the video is still the high goal amount.

I really, really want this to succeed. I really want to play it on Dreamcast, but I just don't see it happening. I know you have your reasons why the goal is so high, and they're legitimate, but the fact is most people just think about the goal amount and how much it will cost them personally, and not much beyond that.

Well, no matter how it turns out, even if it fails a company like WAVE or Josh Prod will prolly be happy to release it on disc (or they would be complete imbeciles :lol: ). And after that he will be a respected asset in the indie scene, considering the quality of the game and all. In time, a second game will do much better coz he will have gained the people’s trust.

If Kickstarter fails I prefer WAVE publish it because they release it with Pal logo :P

I hope all DC fans understand the Shadow Gang it almost complete game and support it as well. I believe more users here need the SD Card version right??? :P

Josh Prod does this too since he’s based in France
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

DarkSynbios
DC-Talk Addict

Post#33 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:12 pm

mazonemayu wrote:
DarkSynbios wrote:
mazonemayu wrote:

I know my friend :) I follow JoshProd since when started to produce Dreamcast games.

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#34 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:36 pm

DarkSynbios wrote:
mazonemayu wrote:
DarkSynbios wrote:

I know my friend :) I follow JoshProd since when started to produce Dreamcast games.

If it was me who had to make the choice, I’d go with Prod without even thinking twice. And everybody knows how I hate him for flooding the DC scene with garbage & bad ports :lol:

But in this case that would also be the reason to choose him over WAVE: he has a huge install base and backlog, he clearly knows what people want and how to sell it to them…not a week goes by or you see someone on social media & forums posting about how they got a bunch of new games from him, you almost never see anything posted about WAVE.

Plus he’s well known in the USA too because of all the vids Adam Koralik does about him..
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

Visit:

DarkSynbios
DC-Talk Addict

Post#35 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:38 pm

mazonemayu wrote:
DarkSynbios wrote:
mazonemayu wrote:

If it was me who had to make the choice, I’d go with Prod without even thinking twice. And everybody knows how I hate him for flooding the DC scene with garbage & bad ports :lol:

But in this case that would also be the reason to choose him over WAVE: he has a huge install base and backlog, he clearly knows what people want and how to sell it to them…not a week goes by or you see someone on social media & forums posting about how they got a bunch of new games from him, you almost never see anything posted about WAVE.

Plus he’s well known in the USA too because of all the vids Adam Koralik does about him..

One of the complaints I have from JoshProd is that in a few games for Dreamcast there are several problems (graphics, fps) and they do not enter the process to find a way to fix them even with other engines like Simulant. To tell you the truth most games would fit on Saturn :D

Roel
Developer

Post#36 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:25 am

mazonemayu wrote:But in this case that would also be the reason to choose him over WAVE: he has a huge install base and backlog, he clearly knows what people want and how to sell it to them…not a week goes by or you see someone on social media & forums posting about how they got a bunch of new games from him, you almost never see anything posted about WAVE.

Depends where you look. For me, it's the opposite.

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#37 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:43 am

Roel wrote:
mazonemayu wrote:But in this case that would also be the reason to choose him over WAVE: he has a huge install base and backlog, he clearly knows what people want and how to sell it to them…not a week goes by or you see someone on social media & forums posting about how they got a bunch of new games from him, you almost never see anything posted about WAVE.

How? The literally sell 5 games and 3 of those are Izzy variants :lol:
Can’t imaging folks posting huge the lots they bought there ;)
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

Visit:

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#38 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:50 am

Roel wrote:

I'd have to agree. And I wouldn't call it an install base, more like retail pipelines. If JoshProd knew what people wanted and how to sell, then they wouldn't be so maligned. And they're games wouldn't be forever on sale at places like Play Asia who have trouble moving them.

I'd prefer WAVE too.

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#39 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:31 am

I think that’s more of a Play Asia thing than anything else, they have games in their shop that have sat there for at least a decade without selling LOL
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

Visit:

SpaceHoliday
lithium

Post#40 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:13 pm

mazonemayu wrote:
DarkSynbios wrote:
mazonemayu wrote: you almost never see anything posted about WAVE.

I mean, WAVE have only really just come onto the scene with their first properly published release, Intrepid Izzy, which is being followed by a release of John Riggs’ Yeah Yeah Beebiss II with more to follow this year.

They’re one to definitely keep an eye on imo.
Hello, Lewis here. Read my posts at http://www.thedreamcastjunkyard.co.uk

Return to “New Games”