Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar dos vga port

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

bumfacekilla
rebel

Re: Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar dos vga port

Post#11 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:23 pm

Thanks, Ian. I still have my original burn of this from way back. Ultima IV is one of my favourite RPGs, having beaten it originally on Master System. When your port was released I spent a good deal of time playing it, would be interesting to see what an updated engine would offer. :)

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#12 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:03 pm

bumfacekilla wrote:Thanks, Ian. I still have my original burn of this from way back. Ultima IV is one of my favourite RPGs, having beaten it originally on Master System. When your port was released I spent a good deal of time playing it, would be interesting to see what an updated engine would offer. :)

Wow really cool :) that's a long time ago pretty much solve the bugs or in places where it says null or things that not working

bumfacekilla
rebel

Post#13 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:42 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:
bumfacekilla wrote:Thanks, Ian. I still have my original burn of this from way back. Ultima IV is one of my favourite RPGs, having beaten it originally on Master System. When your port was released I spent a good deal of time playing it, would be interesting to see what an updated engine would offer. :)

Wow really cool :) that's a long time ago pretty much solve the bugs or in places where it says null or things that not working

That would be pretty cool! Also, I have re-built your cdi using BootDreams to include a dummy file padding the disc out to around 700mb, would you mind if I share that here? It would be kinder on peoples' GD-ROM drives if they burn to CD-R whilst the small cdi would be perfect for people who use ODEs etc.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#14 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:28 pm

bumfacekilla wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:

That would be pretty cool! Also, I have re-built your cdi using BootDreams to include a dummy file padding the disc out to around 700mb, would you mind if I share that here? It would be kinder on peoples' GD-ROM drives if they burn to CD-R whilst the small cdi would be perfect for people who use ODEs etc.

That is fine yes thank you :)

bumfacekilla
rebel

Post#15 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:43 pm

No worries, thank you for the port. Here you go:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PKqtGQ ... sp=sharing

:)

Teuton1379
lithium

Post#16 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:00 am

A bug free version of UIV would be awesome. I am burning the current version to test, but would love to see it complete. Thanks!

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#17 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:29 pm

i have always wanted to play these games. never played an ultima game yet.

DCTurbo
lithium

Post#18 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:39 am

Awesome work, is there any possibility for keyboard to gamepad mapping for regular functions & on-screen pop-up keyboard for when things just have to be typed as in Amiga emulation on DC?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#19 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:25 am

NO this is native dos port to dreamcast it acts like the pc version i guess that could be possible i could have most normal controls mapped to to the controller but you still need a keyboard ..This is from 2003 one of my first ports so there was never any intent other then straight pc conversion..