Crazy Taxi (Early build released) [DS GDI-Opt]

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

RoMagnusLarsson
dark night

Crazy Taxi (Early build released) [DS GDI-Opt]

Post#1 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:01 am

CRAZY TAXI (Early build release)

Crazy taxi 's never released or cancelled version, originally published by user Laurent (here Loloretro). The game works fine, is almost the same than the official one we all know but you can change cameras and play from different views. I think is so much funny.

The file is GDI-Opt
Cover for it is not known to distinguish from Official release so I did one.
I include DS cover (256x256) and CD size one.
Crazi Taxi (2021 Early build release) (US).png

GDI DOWNLOAD: https://mega.nz/file/THg0mIDB#zc1Ak5Pi4 ... JcMWkc614c
Last edited by RoMagnusLarsson on Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:28 am, edited 3 times in total.

cloofoofoo
Dreamcast Swirl

Re: Crazy Taxi (Early build released)

Post#2 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:15 am

RoMagnusLarsson wrote:CRAZY TAXI (Early build release)

Crazy taxi demo never released or cancelled. The game works fine, is almost the same than the official one we all know but you can change cameras and play from different views. I think is so much funny.

The file is GDI-Opt
Cover for it is not known to distinguish from Official release so I did one.
I include DS cover (256x256) and CD size one.
Crazi Taxi (2021 Early build release) (US).png

GDI DOWNLOAD: https://mega.nz/file/THg0mIDB#zc1Ak5Pi4 ... JcMWkc614c

This the same one Laurent released? Did you get from hidden palace?

Antares
shadow

Post#3 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:57 pm

Nice :)
Thanks ;)

Loloretro
chill

Post#4 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:08 pm

The least you can do is to credit the source of the release.

You will complain that some collectors keep their prototypes to themselves. I understand them with this kind of behavior!!!

It's exactly the same !!!

The origin of the release: https://en.sega-dreamcast-info-games-pr ... -dreamcast

Moreover you put it on mega while I had put it on archive.org...

A little bit of respect for the work we do...

It's a shame

willis
letterbomb

Post#5 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:35 am

Thank you Loloretro for this! Also yes, give credit where it is due RoMagnusLarsson, don't try to pass it off as your work/finding. It deminishes the hope of other great finds surfacing in the future. Keep it cool, play nice

RoMagnusLarsson
dark night

Post#6 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:27 pm

Loloretro wrote:The least you can do is to credit the source of the release.

You will complain that some collectors keep their prototypes to themselves. I understand them with this kind of behavior!!!

It's exactly the same !!!

The origin of the release: https://en.sega-dreamcast-info-games-pr ... -dreamcast

Moreover you put it on mega while I had put it on archive.org...

A little bit of respect for the work we do...

It's a shame

I took the game from a Facebook SEGA group who publissh it and just did not find the first source so hardly I could make it, I just wanted to make it a scpecial cover for it, have it to play in DS/RD and share it here that's all but can not pretend is your game once you relese it to the web, anyone could hack it or mod it, etc and you will get annoyed. I do not have any problem to give credits to anyone who employ their time in DC world, I appreciate all works here and out there, I am not the developer of the game or who has discovered it, and in these cases (if you discovered the game) you can go other post I credited who discovered a game but I do not think you have to pretend having a monopoly in sharing DC files because Dreamcast nowadays is a totally free owned by fans world, here we do not have a boss nor company banning files like Sony or Microsoft, Dreamcast is alive because of fans or would be dead 20 years ago, is just respect between us for the work we do that is all guy, I understand it very well

fraggle200
chill

Re: Crazy Taxi (Early build released) [DS GDI-Opt]

Post#7 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:45 pm

As a bystander I think Laurent has a point here. Even if you got the game from a Facebook group, you still didn't credit the source. Even if that wasn't the genuine original source of the game.

Something for everyone to keep mind in future if they come across something else that's not been posted here.

Loloretro
chill

Re: Crazy Taxi (Early build released) [DS GDI-Opt]

Post#8 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:38 pm

It's just the way you presented the game as if you owned it that I didn't like. If you don't have the source, just say, "a prototype I found on the internet or facebook" for exqample.

The people who will read you will understand that you are doing the release. From this point of view, it is not correct towards me or other people.

Another way to do it is to put the original download link (if not sourced) then the link to download your corver and not put both together.

I hate it when people try to take over my discoveries. Since some problems (people trying to take credit for my discoveries) I had on some releases like Agartha in 2017 and recently Castlevania, I am very careful.

I think it was not voluntary on your part.

On the other hand, I love people who make corvers, I always welcome the initiative.