The Textorcist: Story of Ray Bibbia

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

mstar
Doom

Re: The Textorcist: Story of Ray Bibbia

Post#151 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:13 pm

SpaceHoliday wrote:It’s been nearly a year since this game came out and supposedly we’re getting the new discs imminently…

https://twitter.com/gamefairy_io/status/1498998214011273221?s=21

Ugh, thanks for reminding me - the disc is still resting in a dark corner of my desk :(

DCGX wrote:Emails with instructions for the replacement disc are going out this morning. I put in my replacement order. I'm traveling a lot over the next month, so I had to ship it to my parents' house. Let's see how long this takes.

Hm, i haven't received one yet - fingers crossed it'll arrive soon-ish...

galaxygod
core

Post#152 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:12 pm

put in my order for a replacement! i didnt get the email at first so i had to message their discord, but hopefully this time i can make it through the game with just a controller.

runkthepunk
Doom

Post#153 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:52 am

I got an email through yesterday from Gamefairy and the process was simple and painless.

So far so good from me I know it's been a while since the original release but I think they have done right by everyone making up for the original error.

Looking forward to playing it properly :)

Wombat
Vagabond

Post#154 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:48 am

Fingers crossed all bugs are squashed, looking forward to finally play this one.

Dreamcastnews
blackout!

Post#155 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:32 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:
DCGX wrote:Emails with instructions for the replacement disc are going out this morning. I put in my replacement order. I'm traveling a lot over the next month, so I had to ship it to my parents' house. Let's see how long this takes.

Maybe this time they tested it on dreamcast not that hopeful since i have the build that went to the press on these new disks and still crashes but maybe they updated it just before the reprint ..

Here is hoping..

God that would suck if the replacements still crash and probably would conclude GameFairy's dabble with the Dreamcast too. I sure hope they've sifted through the whole game and not just the known sections of dialog that caused the lock ups.
https://youtu.be/XcyBq8vZ3Yg <----- Dreamcast gameplay videos

SpaceHoliday
dark night

Post#156 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:44 am

Dreamcastnews wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:

Maybe this time they tested it on dreamcast not that hopeful since i have the build that went to the press on these new disks and still crashes but maybe they updated it just before the reprint ..

Here is hoping..

God that would suck if the replacements still crash and probably would conclude GameFairy's dabble with the Dreamcast too. I sure hope they've sifted through the whole game and not just the known sections of dialog that caused the lock ups.

I think their dabble with the Dreamcast should end with this. They released a broken game and took a year to fix it. For the love of God DC fans, please don’t give this company your money again after this, we have plenty of amazing companies in the scene who are putting the time and attention into their releases, so we don’t need something like this.
Visit The Dreamcast Junkyard: http://www.thedreamcastjunkyard.co.uk

SpaceHoliday
dark night

Post#157 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:45 am

Dreamcastnews wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:

Here is hoping..

I think their dabble with the Dreamcast should end with this. They released a broken game and took a year to fix it. For the love of God DC fans, please don’t give this company your money again after this, we have plenty of amazing companies in the scene who are putting the time and attention into their releases, so we don’t need something like this.
Visit The Dreamcast Junkyard: http://www.thedreamcastjunkyard.co.uk

Dreamcastnews
blackout!

Post#158 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:22 am

SpaceHoliday wrote:
Dreamcastnews wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:

Here is hoping..

Good points certainly, but I feel had they continued with another DC release, they would have learnt from the lessons that Textorcist provided. I felt that this release was yards above what JoshProd has been releasing recently, but yeah, the product being broken of course puts their reputation to the bottom of the pile and I believe they probably printed too many copies of the game, perhaps overestimating the demand for physical DC games so I'd certainly not be surprised if we don't file this one away along with Redspotgames.

mstar
Doom

Post#159 » Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:06 am

So, another 3 weeks+ have passed - did anyone receive their fixed discs yet?

My order was "received" but i haven't gotten my replacement disc yet :(

Dreamcastnews
blackout!

Post#160 » Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:31 am

mstar wrote:So, another 3 weeks+ have passed - did anyone receive their fixed discs yet?

My order was "received" but i haven't gotten my replacement disc yet :(

Truth be told, I forgot all about this! Let’s hope we receive them soon. Certainly haven’t seen my replacement in the UK yet…