The Textorcist: Story of Ray Bibbia

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: The Textorcist: Story of Ray Bibbia

Post#191 » Tue May 17, 2022 8:55 am

ateam wrote:
galaxygod wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:it locked for me so no idea why it would not.. for you got the same build as on the new disk

no clue but i made sure to go through all the diologue to make sure it all worked and i got to the final boss last night without issue. i wonder if its because you have a rom instead of the disc. when i ripped the first version for gdemu it softlocked way earlier than the disc version

Interesting. I wonder if this game would require the read_limit parameter set to "1250" inside GDEMU.INI in order to more closely mimic the read speeds of an original GD-ROM drive.

For the curious, note that this feature is only available in GDEMU firmware v5.20.3 and will have no affect if added to the config file on a pre-v5.20 clone.

That could be it no idea seems another person had softlock like me maybe even worn gdrom drive since this thrashes the hell out of it..

galaxygod
core

Post#192 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:38 pm

so i ripped the new version for my gdemu recently and just got around to playing through it. i really recomend doing it this way if the load times bother you, the game loads in seconds and i was able to play through the whole game without a crash, i mostly skipped diologue though since ive seen it all already.

i play the game with the dreamcast controller, i dont know how the game runs with the keyboard but with controller this game is super fun and i was able to beat the whole thing in about 2 hours

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#193 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:08 pm

I played the exorcist version and the french keyboard on port 2 works, but still QWERTY issue.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#194 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:36 pm

And the game is not the same if you start a New game with the controller or the keyboard...

[Édit] ok i understand, there are some kind of shortcut via the keyboard. For starting a game you have to write "start" or "continue".

galaxygod
core

Post#195 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:06 pm

i just finished an all bosses speedrun of this game tonight, im not sure why but the game seems harder when playing on gdemu, like some attacks i just didnt see when playing the disc. my run was around 1:35 but i think with no deaths and fast fingers you could do an all bosses run in under an hour, i dont think on cd though, load times are wild

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgMFM7thC80

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#196 » Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:05 am

I won't be able to get a good score, i'm not familiar with QWERTY keyboard, each q,w,a,z,m are a pain ^^

galaxygod
core

Post#197 » Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:14 am

fafadou wrote:I won't be able to get a good score, i'm not familiar with QWERTY keyboard, each q,w,a,z,m are a pain ^^

I did this with a Dreamcast controller! The game is cool with a keyboard but the controller makes it a lot easier to move around and type then you just have to pick letters with the triggers. I haven’t tried the exorcised version with a keyboard yet but I might try it out to see if I’m any good at typing still lol

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#198 » Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:23 am

fafadou wrote:I won't be able to get a good score, i'm not familiar with QWERTY keyboard, each q,w,a,z,m are a pain ^^

I can understand, especially with this game, with a very tight typing time limit

galaxygod
core

Post#199 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:07 pm

https://youtu.be/IvxkmCZdMaM

I want to get back into speedrunning this game again, I got the world record using a controller but I got a little upset when the moderator for the game wouldn’t add dreamcast as a platform so my runs all say they were done on pc

sgmx
dirty sailor

Post#200 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:40 am

I just came to discover there that they finally released a replacement disc.. I’m just 7 months late.. How did you proceed to ask for it ? And I feel like some guys still have issues with the new one ??