Homebrew Spotlight Port of VVVVVV to DREAMCAST by GUSARBA With video and download NEW VERSION

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Motoracer5
blackout!

Re: Homebrew Spotlight Port of VVVVVV to DREAMCAST by GUSARBA With video and download NEW VERSION

Post#31 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:46 pm

Ended up getting the PC so I could complete the game. Did anyone else have problems with the game locking up near the end? Tried in GDEMU and MODE

kremiso
Rank 9

Re: Homebrew Spotlight Port of VVVVVV to DREAMCAST by GUSARBA With video and download NEW VERSION

Post#33 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:59 am

Motoracer5 wrote:Did anyone else have problems with the game locking up near the end? Tried in GDEMU and MODE

There are a lot of savepoints around, wondering if reloading a closer gamesave could help you

Motoracer5
blackout!

Post#34 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:51 am

Ian Micheal wrote:Not for me on a cdr stock console..

Maybe it dosen't like ODE's. Or my download of it is corrupted somehow. I was able to explore around from my save file, went and saved the other crew member left. But froze with black screen after it said level complete

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#35 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:59 am

i'm trying a complete playtrough of this (HARD!) game atm

a couple of hints that imo should help in let this become more enjoyable
first, make a copy of the gamesave from time to time, because the autosave feature can sometime be a con, leaving you stuck in some harder parts;
second, disabling some gfx backgrounds via options can help in let this running little more smooth, the character control is essential in this game;
third, you can reduce also the speed of the game via options; 80% or also 60% values are imo not wrongly at all

also, there is a strange bug in the joypad controls; when you play the first time you can use the 'A' button as the action button (as also 'X'), when instead when you reload a gamesave the 'A' does not works anymore and you need to use 'X'...

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#36 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:49 am

If your using the correct build it should be running very well over 40fps on a 30fps game which might be why you had trouble controller it

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#37 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:44 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:If your using the correct build it should be running very well over 40fps on a 30fps game which might be why you had trouble controller it

yes, the game is surely fast, but there is a bit delay in the movement response, that make things even harder in the later parts
btw, i reached to complete it, saving all the team and finding 17 orbs out of 20 :
vvvvvv.jpg

just note how many deaths (as failings) in 3 hours and a half :shock:

uff, this was hard, like the old Amiga games without a trainer :)

AlanH
rebel

Post#39 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:16 pm

I tried both CDIs, the CDI on page one of this thread, and the CDI on page 3 of this thread. I don't know if those were the same CDI. But regardless, both of them were very glitchy on my Dreamcast. They had the same glitch as some other games I've downloaded from other parts of the net. Most of my downloaded/burned Dreamcast games play perfectly, but this game doesn't. This game is very glitchy. Please upload a CDI that will not be glitchy on my Dreamcast.

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#40 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:45 pm

AlanH wrote:I tried both CDIs, the CDI on page one of this thread, and the CDI on page 3 of this thread. I don't know if those were the same CDI. But regardless, both of them were very glitchy on my Dreamcast. They had the same glitch as some other games I've downloaded from other parts of the net. Most of my downloaded/burned Dreamcast games play perfectly, but this game doesn't. This game is very glitchy. Please upload a CDI that will not be glitchy on my Dreamcast.

@AlanH can you describe better what happen on your side? you mean graphic glitches? or sound stuttering?
i have completely played this one on real hardware and, a part some few picky things (already mentioned),
it runs almost flawless here