A TALE OF VENGEANCE for Dreamcast (DreamBOR) Soon...

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: A TALE OF VENGEANCE for Dreamcast (DreamBOR) Soon...

Post#21 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:56 am

Ro Magnus Larsson wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:
Ro Magnus Larsson wrote:Excuses me, I expressed myself wrong in the last coment, I corrected. I understand DreamBOR needs a pak file which contains the game itself not a 0 Bytes pak file, now I am wright ?

When you have zero byte pak it loads the files in the /data directory this what should be happening it will speed up loading not caching the whole pak then unzipping each file then making a table then loading into memory this how i got it to load in under a 1 min on cdr if you dont unpak the pak file on a cdr it will take 10 mins to load or not load at all..

So the zero byte pak is the correct way to do it on dreamcast if you want the fastest loading..

unpak the bor.pak in data on the root of the cd image have a zero byte pak just a txt file renamed bor.pak

Supposing the games are heavy ones I will need to use the Non-menu version: So this have a "Data" folder and into it there is another "data" folder and video.rar and video.txt, so i have to rename this txt file ?

No each data folder will be normal..
DCMC will load the none menu version DCMC becomes the menu loader.. Dreambor 1 will load data folder 1 on root dreambor 2 loads data folder 2 etc each can have a icon on the menu to match the game ..

Makes it easy and much more polished.. You might not have been following my work on DCMC..

DCMC has menu music full hardware rendering and can load any homebrew bin and wince games.. Every thing is the same but the folder for each game no more pak files are needed.. Test only has data folder included the plain files to show it.. I was asked to put it out you will only have to change each folder /data1
/data2
/data3

Etc it's 100% the same each game will go in to it's own folder..

Right now only Data and 1 game loads it's a test not the complete release.. each version is not the menu version DCMC replaces any need for a openbor loader or menu for the future.. Much HQ then any menu before it or loader..

Each version of Dreambor will be numbered to do this have there own icon on DCMC it does not load the games from just one version.. Each is it's own thing allowing heavy games..

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#22 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:06 am

Follow the plain files i release to get any game working on the new version you just have to unpak the bor.pak in the data folder
older version then i just released
borpak.zip
(11.83 KiB) Downloaded 291 times
use pak exploder drag drop any bor.pak on it then it makes a data folder use that edit the levels txt and models txt and video to allow it to work

k-do
Doom

Post#23 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:09 pm

I tried this DCMC version in Dreamshell but no sucess, i made an iso but didnt work, this version has no 1rstread.bin.... how can i use this Dreambor DCMC on Dreamshell?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#24 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:07 pm

k-do wrote:I tried this DCMC version in Dreamshell but no sucess, i made an iso but didnt work, this version has no 1rstread.bin.... how can i use this Dreambor DCMC on Dreamshell?

Works perfect on dreamshell i will post the files there not the same it loads and returns to dcmc from dreamcast
of course then it load right back to dreamshell to load any thing else

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#25 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:40 pm

k-do wrote:I tried this DCMC version in Dreamshell but no sucess, i made an iso but didnt work, this version has no 1rstread.bin.... how can i use this Dreambor DCMC on Dreamshell?

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13835 files and demo SD iso and video..

k-do
Doom

Post#26 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:41 pm

Ian is it possible to make a version of Dreambor that uses PVR image as sprites? Would this improve the use of Dreamcast's RAM for Bor games?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#27 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:04 pm

I have used this and ported pvr image loading on SDL dreambor is all SDL.. main problem really is the way the engine works and why the team drop all support for dreamcast.. this is a scripting engine so on runtime it loads all known and sprites mapped there held so the scripts work.. free any of it the script would error out.. I show how it works on pc dc soon

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#28 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:21 am

Simple term freeing is down at the end of level when the script is freed if you dont end a level each time and free the scripts it will hold on to all memory and sprites etc add to each one .. you have to mod the game to end the level each time then free the past level script this takes modding openbor script in the game to do so not seen any one bother to do so... On the crono crash forum one of the leads posted a bor.pak with how that works and what code in the scripts needs to be modded .. Right now i cant even get people to unpak the bor.pak and try each level of the game before releasing them..

This free command is not in normal openbor scripting and was added by one dev then it was removed they asked me to become part of the offical team but drop all dreamcast support and work just on the pc version which i have no interest in doing so..

is it possible to free ram not in it's current form or if you have more then one level in a row before using the next or end command..

AyeYoYoYOOO
Anarki

Post#29 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:47 pm

This doesn't register on TerraOnion M.O.D.E.

It just shows as an empty folder.

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Post#30 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:17 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:Simple term freeing is down at the end of level when the script is freed if you dont end a level each time and free the scripts it will hold on to all memory and sprites etc add to each one .. you have to mod the game to end the level each time then free the past level script this takes modding openbor script in the game to do so not seen any one bother to do so... On the crono crash forum one of the leads posted a bor.pak with how that works and what code in the scripts needs to be modded .. Right now i cant even get people to unpak the bor.pak and try each level of the game before releasing them..

This free command is not in normal openbor scripting and was added by one dev then it was removed they asked me to become part of the offical team but drop all dreamcast support and work just on the pc version which i have no interest in doing so..

is it possible to free ram not in it's current form or if you have more then one level in a row before using the next or end command..

Till now this game is playable continuously till level 2...
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-