6 New games from Joshprod

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

DCGX
Vagabond

Re: 6 New games from Joshprod

Post#21 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:32 am

Anthony817 wrote:The Volgaar devs said anybody could produce physical copies of the game to cover cost of production and not for profit. They already signed off for propel to have the physical version made if any company wanted to. There are collectors out there who just like nice pressed versions of games.

I am of the school of thought that the more games we get the better. If you don't like it, then that is your opinion that you are entitled to. Simply vote with your wallet.

Thanks for the clarification on 'Volgarr.' That's cool of the devs, and that is one of the few JoshProd games (and only one since their first round of releases) that I've purchased new.

I disagree about quantity over quality, though. I think it hurts. Look at Nintendo systems. The Wii is commonly seen even among gamers as a platform of shovelware, despite the many, many great titles including from third-parties. A lot of the high quality third-party titles even from the likes of Ubisoft and EA are thrown under the bus as inferior because of the system's perception. Same with the Switch and its eShop. That thing is an absolute mess to navigate. The amount of crap released and put on sale every week means I don't even bother with the eShop.

As the post above mentioned, it's best if we make a statement with our wallets and only purchase the high quality games worth the asking price.

sgmx
dirty sailor

Post#22 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:41 am

They must sell since it is quite rare to see some discounts even for the oldest ones..

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#23 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:18 pm

sgmx wrote:They must sell since it is quite rare to see some discounts even for the oldest ones..

Play Asia discounts JoshProd releases pretty regularly actually. Not much, usually down to $33 per title, but some of the older ones have hit closer to $25 before. The Bit Station has also run sales around the holidays. In fact, you can save $1 per titles right now lol

Just to show a little more slime from them, (thanks to The Dreamcast Junkyard for the heads up) there will be a collectors edition for the Astro Port games.

There are six games in the collection, but two of them are NOT getting individual releases. So while it does bring the overall price for each titles down a little (probably closer to where the individual titles should be), if you want the two games that aren't getting individual releases, you might be forced to buy the other four games a second time (if you like having each individual release) or pay for games you might not want if you want one or two of the non-individually released games. And honestly, the exclusive games to this collection look to be the best of the Astro Port shooters (relatively speaking).

MastaG
Quad Damage

Post#24 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:23 pm

I wish Sega would grant him the license to port Sonic Mania..
I'd pay 200 for that lol

beanboy
Wazza

Post#25 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:18 pm

I wish sega gave him license, to port VF4 Final Tuned onto the dreamcast. And if that did happen, hopefully it will run as fast, as the arcade version.

sgmx
dirty sailor

Post#26 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:26 pm

Dreams are only dreams, especially on dreamcast

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#27 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:39 pm

Dreams are hopes were there is hope there's life .. I have talked to josh a few times nothing but good to me I could not do the project he asked for.. but still fine

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#28 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:12 am

what was this project ?

Metro City
lithium

Post#29 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:12 pm

Where is the cdi? :D

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#30 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:44 am

So JoshProd dropped these games a few weeks ago. I didn't see any sort of announcement. Play Asia has most of them discounted/on sale below, sometimes quite a bit below, the $40 asking price. Good on Play Asia, but they're probably stuck with older JoshProd games because of the suggested retail price.

Most are still overpriced for what they are. I'm not getting any of them. Did anyone pick the news ones up?