Gods of war beta 1 Dream beats of rage Now with dreamshell version

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Poll: Would you like me to do more new openbor conversion to Dream beats of rage update engine :)

Yes
82%
No
No votes
Maybe
18%
Never again
No votes
Total votes: 17

KmusDC
fire

Re: Gods of war beta 1 Dream beats of rage Now with dreamshell version

Post#11 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:52 am

Ian Micheal wrote:Youtube video proving super fast loading from dreamshell and a sd card faster then a gdemu :)

perfect!! Thank you very much friend, I immediately download it to test, I will publish it on my YouTube channel explained in Spanish with your due permission. Thanks bro.

KmusDC
fire

Post#12 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:53 am

[quote="Ian Micheal"]Youtube video proving super fast loading from dreamshell and a sd card faster then a gdemu :)

perfect!! Thank you very much friend, I immediately download it to test, I will publish it on my YouTube channel explained in Spanish with your due permission. Thanks bro.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#13 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:57 am

KmusDC wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:Youtube video proving super fast loading from dreamshell and a sd card faster then a gdemu :)

I Love the Spanish dreamcast scene so yes you always have permisson my freind :)

This was of course this video running on a real dreamcast with dreamshell and sd card..

ChristinaDreamcustDC
blackout!

Post#14 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:01 am

Are the engines different between the CD-R and DreamShell release or are they the same aside from the bin being scrambled? I don't know if it is consolidated or if you tweaked the bin.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#15 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:03 am

ChristinaDreamcustDC wrote:Are the engines different between the CD-R and DreamShell release or are they the same aside from the bin being scrambled? I don't know if it is consolidated or if you tweaked the bin.

This version will still work on a cdr but has kos patched to load faster on dreamshell megavolt provided the patch for dreamshell fast loading

This version is 1.2meg not 1.5 as well if you try to load this on cdr just scamble the bin it will not boot.. needs the loader i did.. but it loads on dreamshell clean just 1st_read.bin..

etc

KmusDC
fire

Post#16 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:17 pm

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#17 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:27 pm

KmusDC wrote:

Thank you for covering it.. the game is still early first public version it's kinda cool concept i know it has some problems but the china developer is not finished with it yet ether..

Major things i like is the power up system
custom life bars are neat

Once i get the framerate a bit faster i will see if i can do this it be pretty enjoy-able game with more poilsh

much better on dreamshell loading it up testing beta's no waste of a cdr to the public..

Roz
photon blast

Post#18 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:32 am

Works in Dreamshell IDE! Fast loading and no bugs! Great Game!

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#19 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:38 am

good to hear it also works in dreamshell with IDE.. using this game as a base you could make a template to make games using dream beats of rage that fit in to memory and work.. all the files are unpacked in data so you can use them mod them etc.. level.text model.text show you how i got it to load following them you could get others to load and play ok.. main thing is remembering how much ram you have making a game that fits in it.. thanks for testing it Roz.. Sure more development of good openbor games new can work pretty well if thought out and planned for the limits we have..

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Post#20 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:51 pm

Hi: it works fine in Dreamshell with IDE HDD, great work !
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-