New Josh Prod Racer July 2020 Release

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

New Josh Prod Racer July 2020 Release

Post#1 » Tue May 12, 2020 11:36 pm

This is an update of the ARCADE RACING LEGENDS racing game which is another Josh Prod release scheduled for July of 2020 (link below). This is also scheduled for the Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4. Nice to see a new game release not only for current consoles but for our beloved Dreamcast.

https://youtu.be/lkjFAa-gCjU
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

DCGX
Vagabond

Re: New Josh Prod Racer July 2020 Release

Post#2 » Wed May 13, 2020 8:56 am

Considering its state, and questionable use of trademarks, I would be shocked if this was still coming out in two months from now.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#3 » Wed May 13, 2020 9:20 am

Someone has a link for the demo ?
I'm a backer but I don't have any link...

beanboy
Wazza

Post#4 » Wed May 13, 2020 1:46 pm

I just watched the vid.
Wow! The game looks alot better than before, even down to the car models. And the graphics looks smooth, and not as grainy as before. Nice. Now it needs some cheering crowds.:D
Last edited by beanboy on Wed May 13, 2020 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dark
Shark Patrol

Post#5 » Wed May 13, 2020 3:32 pm

Very nice framerate and 3d models! I feel like it needs some lighting effects to really bring the graphics up to the level of the commercial DC driving games like Speed Devils. Would also be a nice touch if the cars drifted from the center of mass (engine area) rather than the middle of the vehicle as it seems the cars rotate now.

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#6 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:29 am

It is indeed looking much improved and I will buy a copy upon release. However will it make the release date of this month? Maybe not, but it doesn't need to. Quality over quantity. I wonder what the handling of the cars is like though.
https://youtu.be/EVvlQ5CMnfE

cloofoofoo
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#7 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:38 am

dark wrote:Very nice framerate and 3d models! I feel like it needs some lighting effects to really bring the graphics up to the level of the commercial DC driving games like Speed Devils. Would also be a nice touch if the cars drifted from the center of mass (engine area) rather than the middle of the vehicle as it seems the cars rotate now.

That's probably not a small task considering lighting is done is software on the DC. Maybe too heavy for the detail wanted to achieve with Homebrew tools?

That said it looks really fun. Might be a buy for me.

Greg2600
dark night

Post#8 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:16 pm

My issue has been that it doesn't "look" like a Dreamcast game. The system is capable of so much more than what I've seen so far. It's a conversion of a PSP game engine, but from that video there was simply too much incomplete.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#9 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:31 pm

It looks good framerate is good because of the no lighting.. got remember this is using kos and is homebrew so for that it's one of the best looking homebrew games there has been.. Lighting is software when using opengl.

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Post#10 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:49 pm

Un juego para que nuestra Dreamcast se sienta orgullosa, muy buen desarrollo, muchos autos para elegir y gráficos le daría un 8 (muy buenos)
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-