Cave Story 2017 build [CDDA][CDI][SB] MUSIC FIXED

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

Cave Story 2017 build [CDDA][CDI][SB] MUSIC FIXED

Post#1 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:47 am

Well this was released in a mdf almost no one can burn right here is my made cdi with cdda music now works perfect in this build only thing is you have to remap the keys when you first start or it will not let you start the game i show it in the video
creator https://sourceforge.net/projects/nxdc/files/
Youtube video of it

Yes i suck at the game sorry

Selboot cdi with cdda music for a cdr should work on gdemu i dont know This is cdi packed with winrar to save space and downloading

Link
https://mega.nz/#!j2pnhYoR!BvDybg_JRaw7 ... -H4dhQyVY4
Scene release by me to help people the sourceforge almost never downloads and it's hard to make a cdi with cdda for the normal user

famiac
rebel

Re: Cave Story 2017 build [CDDA][CDI][SB] MUSIC FIXED

Post#2 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:17 pm

this is great! How did you manage to build the CDI?

i'm trying to follow this guide but i'm getting stuck in converting the mds/mdf to CDI.

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#3 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:03 pm

Ok I've finally got a copy of this cdda version that works on my gdemu and has CD PVR

This game with cdda has given me problems for 2 days now. smh rant over

anyway this works on my gdemu clone but did not load up in redream. I need to reinstall demul to see if it works there.

Please test for me and report back

Code: Select all

https://mega.nz/file/w35BwCTI#t7zIOLaXFOiveapdNKhPj5KbW1EjKojhE0KZwKJT08o

dark
Shark Patrol

Post#4 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:24 pm

Any idea if this version of the nxengine port allows you to complete Cave Story? When I was following it prior to 2017, it seemed a lot of progress was made on this DC port, but it was not possible to complete the entire game.

Is nxengine specific to cave story, or would it support some of the other indie games made by the same Japanese dev as cave story?

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#5 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:51 pm

dark wrote:Any idea if this version of the nxengine port allows you to complete Cave Story? When I was following it prior to 2017, it seemed a lot of progress was made on this DC port, but it was not possible to complete the entire game.

Is nxengine specific to cave story, or would it support some of the other indie games made by the same Japanese dev as cave story?

sorry I haven't played thru the game yet to say if it has correct ending. I haven't heard any complaints.

I can't answer your question about engine.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#6 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:56 pm

dark wrote:Any idea if this version of the nxengine port allows you to complete Cave Story? When I was following it prior to 2017, it seemed a lot of progress was made on this DC port, but it was not possible to complete the entire game.

When i compiled the update it said that was fixed not had any person not had any people saying anything..

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#7 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:22 pm

This should support mods too right? I mean there are some CRAZY mods out there for this game that would be awesome to have on the console.

famiac
rebel

Post#8 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:38 am

i could see mods being possible, but putting together the CDI is no joke

zychion
rebel

Post#9 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:49 am

Still can't get this working on Dreamshell. :(

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#10 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:53 am

zychion wrote:Still can't get this working on Dreamshell. :(

It's not going to work from sd serial port this using cdda it's to slow for that