UPDATE Saint Seiya Knights of the Zodiac NEW LINKS Dreamcast version OpenBorFMV 6.2

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

UPDATE Saint Seiya Knights of the Zodiac NEW LINKS Dreamcast version OpenBorFMV 6.2

Post#1 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:03 am

DETAILS
--Fullspeed in game
- New FMV boot menu Full Japanese show intro and music
- Fixed scripts levels rose now does not crash the original game did
- Unlocked levels Removed missing graphics and sound effects slowing loading
- Fixed some aesthetics of the game
-rose level now playble was broken in the pc version
- Now using beta version 6.2 of OpenBOR v3.0 build by me
--All credit to the author of this game and concept i have edited it for dreamcast and fixed some errors.

Saint Seiya, also known as Saint Seiya: Knights of the Zodiac or simply Knights of the Zodiac, is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Masami Kurumada. It was serialized in Weekly Shōnen Jump from 1986 to 1990, with the chapters collected into 28 tankōbon volumes by Shueisha

FM BOOT LOADER OGG&CDDA MPEG1
FMVintro.png

NEW TITLE SCREEN
title.png

select.png

Levelrose2.png

level1.4l.png

roselevel.png

Saint Seiya Death Rebirth.pak.jpg

image0-1.jpg

All version after the boot loader are the same and are fullspeed

Selfboot link to CDI LOWFI FMV intro
http://www.mediafire.com/file/fwqkqik87 ... R.cdi/file

Selfboot linkto CDI HQ FMV ogg
http://www.mediafire.com/file/mhwztxf24 ... Q.cdi/file

Fixed CDDA and MPEG working on hardware video is held in virtual file system allowing it to work so it's in memory it does not have to read from the cdr and play..

Here is link to fixed hardware working version CDDA AND FMV version Should be it's now working on all emulators :)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/rq8uoy86q ... D.cdi/file
Last edited by Ian Micheal on Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:00 am, edited 3 times in total.

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Re: Saint Seiya Knights of the Zodiac FIXED Dreamcast version OpenBorFMV 6.2

Post#2 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:43 pm

so did these rose levels ever work on the pc version?

Ripfire
stalker

Post#3 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:13 pm

Last edited by Ripfire on Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#4 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:11 pm

Ripfire wrote:I don't really see the functionality of adding CDDA to MPG videos, although adding the video functionality in the introduction is something interesting.
However, I would like to see in some future of this special version for DREAMCAST, features that I had in the previous version (v2.XXX) as vibration in the controls, save games and of course the turbo mode.
Changing the subject, this time I can not help you, my DC is dead and I could not buy a cheap one, it will be for next ...

Realmente no le veo la funcionalidad de añadir CDDA a videos de MPG, aunque añadir la funcionalidad de video en la introduccion es algo interesante.
Sin embargo, me gustaria ver en algun futuro de esta version especial para DREAMCAST ,funcionalidades que tenia en la version anterior (v2.XXX) como vibracion en los mandos, guardar partidas y por su puesto el modo turbo.
Cambiando te tema, en esta ocacion no podre ayudarte, mi DC esta muerta y no he podido comprar una barata, sera para proxima...

CDDA allows the video to be highest bit rate having no load on the dreamcast cpu.. thats all it's doing.. Yes i agree about saving and turbo modes and vibration i want that back this is just a preview as im running behind not that well right now.. so i wanted to show some progress..

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#5 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:15 pm

SMiTH wrote:so did these rose levels ever work on the pc version?

Yes there's errors in the scripts so the pc version crashes.. there's still some errors but i doubt anyone will play it as long as i did.. if you do and it crashes i can fix it..

I chose it because 1 it had errors 2 it's 150meg bor mod.. 3 i could put the music show intro.. Also to show with ogg with the fmv how much it slows the video down.. 4 to show if we use CDDA we can have no slowdown on framerate of said video..

And to get motivation to keep working on it

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#6 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:55 am

Those release are absolutly fantastic !!
I play with dreamshell so I can't test the cdda version, but for sure I try the others.
If there is no cdda, there is also the music ?

megavolt85
Developer

Post#7 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:10 am

Ian Micheal wrote:CDDA allows the video to be highest bit rate having no load on the dreamcast cpu.. thats all it's doing..

only if you hardware playing, for example, your RADQuake use software playing ;)

and one moment, you can't read any data from CD when playing CDDA, if you read data CDDA stoped

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#8 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:04 am

megavolt85 wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:CDDA allows the video to be highest bit rate having no load on the dreamcast cpu.. thats all it's doing..

only if you hardware playing, for example, your RADQuake use software playing ;)

and one moment, you can't read any data from CD when playing CDDA, if you read data CDDA stoped

Yes only works really on nulldc very much a concept why i have the ogg versions as well Im thinking you have to hold the whole video in ram that would limt this a lot.. ether version the game still works and boots openbor.. yes full sound and music in the game..

It's a pity that it might work if i read the video from sd card I was trying to invent a concept.. Nulldc shows if possible it would work.. Gdemu is still only emulating a gdrom drive but i was thinking it would work that worth trying..

FMV boot loader still works just use ogg version but it's going to slow the video playing still ok just not blazing fast.. I might move to pss formate or ps2 format but thats really hard for people to make there own video's why i did not chose it.. i have done testing it's not bad..
Last edited by Ian Micheal on Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#9 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:20 am

fafadou wrote:Those release are absolutly fantastic !!
I play with dreamshell so I can't test the cdda version, but for sure I try the others.
If there is no cdda, there is also the music ?

All version after the bootloader will have music and sounds.. thanks fafadou..

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#10 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:35 am

Thanks to you :-)