Finding Teddy Dreamcast release May 2019

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

sgmx
dirty sailor

Re: Finding Teddy Dreamcast release May 2019

Post#11 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:55 pm

Isn’t Arcade Racing Legends a port of Racing Pro already available on IOS (I have it on my iPhone)
https://youtu.be/uRtHbp7Ai_w

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#12 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:58 pm

1. Yes, Sega is NOT the issue, it is the other deals that companies make and/or are paid to do by (underneath the fine print) Console X or their are properties under license that years later, that iron-clad deal cannot be broken or the company may not even exist but the contract remains, so on and so on.

2. Sega has been great compared to the likes of Pretendo, but they have abandoned us. It would be great to be able to legally use the tools being it has been over 20 years (hard to believe) since the Dreamcast was originally released.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#13 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:48 pm

Bob Dobbs wrote:1. Yes, Sega is NOT the issue, it is the other deals that companies make and/or are paid to do by (underneath the fine print) Console X or their are properties under license that years later, that iron-clad deal cannot be broken or the company may not even exist but the contract remains, so on and so on.

2. Sega has been great compared to the likes of Pretendo, but they have abandoned us. It would be great to be able to legally use the tools being it has been over 20 years (hard to believe) since the Dreamcast was originally released.

More the docs then the tools to legally use.. katana is well outdate be harder to port or write a game with that then kos2.0 which supports every bit of hardware..

Docs to legally use info in would be huge see some real change with that not old gcc2.2 or 2.9 compiler and old libs from sega.. there is still things not known about how the hardware is optimized for more then works.. even thou we have the docs we cant use them in kos ..

I have the docs but i cant use the info in there in gpl project

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#14 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:19 am

Bob Dobbs wrote:1. Yes, Sega is NOT the issue, it is the other deals that companies make and/or are paid to do by (underneath the fine print) Console X or their are properties under license that years later, that iron-clad deal cannot be broken or the company may not even exist but the contract remains, so on and so on.

To be fair to Nintendo, SEGA has been out of the hardware (not counting the Genesis Mini) business for a couple of decades, and it doesn't make sense for SEGA to go after small indie devs making games for their last system, whereas Nintendo has and still is making systems. Plus, the projects Nintendo typically shuts down are people using their IPs. I mean, just look at all the crap that's on the Swithc eShop. Nintendo has no problem approving games for their systems as long as it doesn't infringe on their properties.