Page 4 of 6

Re: New unreleased prototype game Internet Game Pack has released!

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:04 pm
by ReaderRagfish
Looks like now it's added to the work in progress section.

Poor Bomberman, the attention has shifted.

Re: New unreleased prototype game Internet Game Pack has released!

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:29 pm
by 247
shame, as i would have preferred bomberman...

Re: New unreleased prototype game Internet Game Pack has released!

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:40 pm
by ReaderRagfish
Me too, but I'm in no hurry. We'll get it when we get it, and any new addition is welcome. :D

Re: New unreleased prototype game Internet Game Pack has released!

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:56 pm
by pcwzrd13
ReaderRagfish wrote:Looks like now it's added to the work in progress section.

Poor Bomberman, the attention has shifted.


Bomberman will be quite a while as it's being reverse-engineered from scratch. Internet Game Pack is practically already online as it likely used the same server as Ooga Booga and the 2K games. It won't be long before it's moved from Work In Progress to Online.

Re: New unreleased prototype game Internet Game Pack has released!

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:06 pm
by ReaderRagfish
I don't remember where I heard this so it could be way off, but don't Bomberman, Outtrigger, and Propeller Arena use similar online infrastructure?

Re: New unreleased prototype game Internet Game Pack has released!

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:17 pm
by pcwzrd13
ReaderRagfish wrote:I don't remember where I heard this so it could be way off, but don't Bomberman, Outtrigger, and Propeller Arena use similar online infrastructure?


Yes. They all used Sega's KAGE infrastructure. AFO used an early version of this called KAGE Lite. Apparently a lot changed so it's going to be a challenge to get the KAGE games working. Additionally Propeller Arena used some sort of encryption which adds an extra challenge.

Re: New unreleased prototype game Internet Game Pack has released!

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:07 pm
by Xiden
pcwzrd13 wrote:
ReaderRagfish wrote:Looks like now it's added to the work in progress section.

Poor Bomberman, the attention has shifted.


Bomberman will be quite a while as it's being reverse-engineered from scratch. Internet Game Pack is practically already online as it likely used the same server as Ooga Booga and the 2K games. It won't be long before it's moved from Work In Progress to Online.


I bet Floigan Bros online mode uses the same server Ooga and 2k games use too being its a Visual Concepts game as well. Though I think other than dlc/chat you could just use it for trading (still would be cool to see in action)

Re: New unreleased prototype game Internet Game Pack has released!

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:26 pm
by ncman071
while it woud be great to get bomberman, speed devils, and whatever else back online, its just awesome we have the games we do right now. i never woukd have thought in 2019 we woukd have 20 plus dc games to play online. pretty amazing

Re: New unreleased prototype game Internet Game Pack has released!

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:31 pm
by pcwzrd13
Xiden wrote:I bet Floigan Bros online mode uses the same server Ooga and 2k games use too being its a Visual Concepts game as well.


I don't know if anyone has looked at Floigan Bros. yet but I'm not sure if it would be the same as the other games. Obviously the online functionality is completely unique (online chat and item trading) so it's possible they developed a completely custom server for it.

Re: New unreleased prototype game Internet Game Pack has released!

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:01 pm
by Anthony817
ncman071 wrote:while it woud be great to get bomberman, speed devils, and whatever else back online, its just awesome we have the games we do right now. i never woukd have thought in 2019 we woukd have 20 plus dc games to play online. pretty amazing


Ditto. Exactly my sentiment.