The Escapee Dreamcast Action Adventure Game Release Joshprod 2018

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ivan Guber
letterbomb

The Escapee Dreamcast Action Adventure Game Release Joshprod 2018

Post#1 » Sat May 12, 2018 5:12 am

The Escapee has been released on the Amiga originally, it has received a number of awards, such as "Game of the Year" or the CU Superstar award from the word biggest selling gaming magazines!

The Escapee has been REMASTERED and a great number of improvements has been added, such as built in hint system, improved gameplay and controls.

FEATURES
- 6 languages (dreamcast joshprod version)
- incredible amount of hand drawn graphics
- 5 minutes long intro and outro sequences
- tens of death cutscenes
- in-game hint system
- easy controls
- 7 levels through the alien planet
- top quality soundtrack with more than 30 tracks
- main character with more than 1200! hand drawn animation frames
- tens of monsters and robots to kill and avoid
- surprising end sequence
- puzzles and adventure elements
- heated action against tricky enemies

Preorder The Escapee Dreamcast on en.rushongame.com

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Re: The Escapee Dreamcast Action Adventure Game Release Joshprod 2018

Post#2 » Sat May 12, 2018 11:42 am

Looks good I really like the music and art style.

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#3 » Sun May 13, 2018 11:27 am

Its a good game, yes. I had it on my a1200 years ago. Glad to see the hint system, improved controls and gameplay tweaks. Those were sticking points in the original. Some frustrating puzzles too. Its a pretty game with heart. Depends on price on dc...

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#4 » Sun May 13, 2018 11:32 am

It'll be $40 on DC, I'm pretty sure. JoshProd stated this batch of releases would all follow that price

Epiclees
rebel

Post#5 » Sun May 20, 2018 1:53 am

This is really cool the opening song gave me chills cant wait to try it

BloodBrother
core

Post#6 » Tue May 22, 2018 2:11 am

I would love to get any one of these games by joshprod, butttt, $40 is a lot of money for a DC game, compared to the $60 an xbox one or ps4 game costs.. i cant wrap my head around it. I would like to be able to talk myself into, but i just cant justify it. I hope that changes, these games do look awesome.
THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT IS A LIE.

If you want it, come and take it from me. If you think you can, you still dont know me.

Roel
Developer

Post#7 » Tue May 22, 2018 5:19 am

BloodBrother wrote:$40 is a lot of money for a DC game

It depends. For some games I agree it does seem a bit steep. But given the low production volumes of Dreamcast games, $40 is actually dirt cheap for a newly developed one.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#8 » Tue May 22, 2018 11:05 am

Newly developed, yes. A modified port of an old PC game that's often, actually dirt cheap on digital services, no. But I get what you're leading to Roel lol

mstar
Doom

Post#9 » Wed May 23, 2018 1:13 am

As long as people keep buying these ports... err... games at that pricepoint, they'll a) get made and b) will be at that price...

*shrug*

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#10 » Wed May 23, 2018 7:35 am

DCGX wrote:Newly developed, yes. A modified port of an old PC game that's often, actually dirt cheap on digital services, no. But I get what you're leading to Roel lol

I agree to an extent. But I don't like digital services and would much rather have physical copies of games. Which should cost more them a download. I have 1 game from steam because I can't find a physical copy local. <- spintires. And Dungeon keeper 2 on good old games because windows 10 sucks ass with old cdrom games for me at least.

I have never played a lot of these games back in the day as I did not have a way to play them when I was younger. I don't really play on my pc ether. So to me these are new games.

I feel there where plenty of legit ports back in the day also. Demolition racer is my favorite game. I grew up with the ps1 version. The dreamcast port is much better. Same with soul reader. I loved the ps1 version, but when ported to dreamcast it is so much better.

And modern systems port older games to the newer systems. Ratchet and clank in hd. It was an awesome game. But I don't find it worth buying again when it's ported and improved to a new system. Crash bandicoot as well. Or halo master chief collection. I feel they are just collecting more money off of old games again and the price should reflect.

My 2 cents.