Should we do a Kickstarter for Rizzo Island?

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

rizzoislandgame
dark night

Should we do a Kickstarter for Rizzo Island?

Post#1 » Wed May 02, 2018 3:34 pm

Hey there! So basically, the Patreon hasn't gained any steam at all, so I thought about doing a Kickstarter instead. Would you be more willing to fund a Kickstarter project than support us on Patreon?

We really need the funds, and it's getting hard to find people who won't work for little money, so I need this.

I've already started a poll on the Patreon page for Patrons to see if they're okay with it, but I wanted to get your guy's opinion too!

I have decided that we will only stick to Patreon!
Last edited by rizzoislandgame on Sun May 06, 2018 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dave_van_damn
Graffiti Grind

Re: Should we do a Kickstarter for Rizzo Island?

Post#2 » Wed May 02, 2018 10:21 pm

One thing I was thinking while following this project is that you're using the Quake engine, right? I'm not an expert on this, but don't you need an official licence in order to make a profile from sales? Or is the engine in the public domain now?
aka DavidHK on DC games.

rizzoislandgame
dark night

Post#3 » Thu May 03, 2018 2:34 am

The engine is under GPL, so I have to release the modified source, which I did. However, game art assets don’t need to be shared because they don’t need to be under these circumstances.

TacT
Uber

Post#4 » Thu May 03, 2018 1:46 pm

i didnt even realize there is a patreon for this game I haven't heard much since the demo, i thought it was just your fun project. It takes a Lot of pushing for successful funding either way.
Whats your funding goal for this game?

it's still thinking.

rizzoislandgame
dark night

Post#5 » Sun May 06, 2018 11:08 pm

TacT wrote:i didnt even realize there is a patreon for this game I haven't heard much since the demo, i thought it was just your fun project. It takes a Lot of pushing for successful funding either way.

Sorry for not responding sooner! I got caught up with my actual job!

My goal is at least $5,000 by November

That way I can pay people to help me like modelers and stuff! I really want this to take off so I can honor my uncle and make a new 3D Dreamcast game, but It's getting harder since I'm pretty poor and need money just to fund it, since all my work money is going into living.

rizzoislandgame
dark night

Post#6 » Sun May 06, 2018 11:18 pm

TacT wrote:i didnt even realize there is a patreon for this game I haven't heard much since the demo, i thought it was just your fun project.

If your interested, this is the Patreon for it: https://www.patreon.com/rizzoisland

TacT
Uber

Post#7 » Sun May 13, 2018 7:50 pm

Keep pushing the game like crazy with new updates i guess it might catch on =)

it's still thinking.

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#8 » Mon May 14, 2018 1:00 am

Updates are always liked! And if you do kickstarter make sure campaign is really polished with cover art and all. It really helps. Maybe have a few stretch goals too. Possibly a pc download stretch goal.

You could offer a cdi image download tear as well as a physical copy tear. Thegoatstote or bitstation may be of help producing a physical copy.

LotusToken
shadow

Post#9 » Tue May 15, 2018 1:36 am

Hey Rizzo, PM me bud. I might be willing to help you out

To clarify, I'm one of if not the only Dreamcast Game Investor in the scene. Your project has peaked my interest
DC enthusiast, Gamer, and game investor for new Dreamcast games

-contact me if you want to talk about having investment into your game!

beanboy
Wazza

Post#10 » Sat May 18, 2019 1:12 am

rizzoislandgame wrote:
TacT wrote:i didnt even realize there is a patreon for this game I haven't heard much since the demo, i thought it was just your fun project. It takes a Lot of pushing for successful funding either way.

Sorry for not responding sooner! I got caught up with my actual job!

My goal is at least $5,000 by November

That way I can pay people to help me like modelers and stuff! I really want this to take off so I can honor my uncle and make a new 3D Dreamcast game, but It's getting harder since I'm pretty poor and need money just to fund it, since all my work money is going into living.

I hope you get through, with your game project. :)

My advice would be, to learn some simple 3d modelling, and learn some music making skills too.
Trust me, it helps alot in game projects. And you can then boast and claim, that most of the work in the game, was done by you. :)

Return to “New Games”