Rizzo Island Demo Out Now!!!

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

rizzoislandgame
dark night

Re: Rizzo Island Demo Out Now!!!

Post#11 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:20 am

TuxTheWise wrote:I was uploading a CDI myself, but it looks like mrneo is already doing it :)

For anyone that is interested, I made the conversion mounting the .mds with Daemon Tools and making an image of the virtual drive using DiscJuggler V6. The image worked fine in NullDC and in the real console using GDEMU.

Yeah, I'm currently uploading a bin/cue file that has a few sound fixes, and actually works with imgburn! Won't work with bootdreams for some reason though. Anyways, it should be up by 12:00 CDT

@rizzoislandgame
Thank you very much for your work, I tested it on my DC and the demo is AWESOME. Some features I would like to highlight:
1) Soundtrack is great and fits the game very well. Tom definitely was a great musician :)
2) Controller is very precise. I have tried some third-person games made with first-person engines (mostly Doom engine) and controllers were not good, so I wasn't expecting much from this... but it actually worked very nice with Dreamcast analog. Kudos!

Thanks So much it means a lot!
He was a great musician, and I made sure to make the controls as tight as possible! Had mulitple people playtest it, and optimized the levels just so it worked as good as possible. The controls are actually probably the most polished thing about the whole game haha!

1) Frame rate drops a lot at the beggining of the second stage.
2) Auto-save feature should happen only one time per spot, not everytime you pass by it.
3) I noticed some "tearing" in the image when turning fast, exactly of what happens when you're not using "V-Sync". Not sure if it's something you have to worry in Dreamcast, but just letting you know. I tested using a VGA-Box.

I'll get right no those fixes! Right now I need to work on gameplay fixes that are very apparent (especially the memory card glitch). I'll definitely fix those when I have more time. They might be simple fixes, but my shifts have been picking up lately. Which is good for funding, but bad for dev progress!

Again, thanks to everyone who supported me!

BloodBrother
core

Post#12 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:38 am

mrneo240 wrote:
rizzoislandgame wrote:Hey guys! Unfortunately CDI images can’t contain more than 1 CDDA track :(. I’m currently trying to work on a bin/cue version for bootdreams, but it’s being a little weird. I’ll upload a CDI version with no music today, but it doesn’t represent the full version. For now, use the bootdreams instructions. I’m free from work today, so I’ll probably spend the rest of the day trying to figure this out.

Again, I’m sorry for the inconvenience :(

i did it for you. ill release the images after i finish my live stream, starting in about 5-10 minutes.

its authored in 3 formats:
  • Bin/Cue
  • CDI
  • MDS/MDF

I did the same for senile team on their izzy demo. :)

Dude you are badass! It seemed like I was the only one that Senile Team's image didn't work for, and I got the right files because of you!! Kudos.
THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT IS A LIE.

If you want it, come and take it from me. If you think you can, you still dont know me.

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#13 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:20 am

No worries, just want things to be accessible to every one

TacT
Uber

Post#14 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:18 pm

got the cdi available? =) i would like to try it I like the music

it's still thinking.

rizzoislandgame
dark night

Post#15 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:02 pm

TacT wrote:got the cdi available? =) i would like to try it I like the music

You can get the latest version from the official link in the post. It now comes as a bin/cue file that is writable in imgburn! Unfortunately, Mrneo's copy is a little out of date

TacT
Uber

Post#16 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:57 pm

rizzoislandgame wrote:

You can get the latest version from the official link in the post. It now comes as a bin/cue file that is writable in imgburn! Unfortunately, Mrneo's copy is a little out of date

I use a GDemu with an sd card like some people do. I don't know if it will load a bin/cue file . it will do gdi cdi iso mds+mdf and ccd+img+sub. I'll give it a shot tho XD or maybe I can just make an image from the bin/cue files

it's still thinking.

rizzoislandgame
dark night

Post#17 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:06 pm

TacT wrote:
rizzoislandgame wrote:

I use a GDemu with an sd card like some people do. I don't know if it will load a bin/cue file . it will do gdi cdi iso mds+mdf and ccd+img+sub. I'll give it a shot tho XD or maybe I can just make an image from the bin/cue files

If it can load MDS files, I'll post some tonight!

rizzoislandgame
dark night

Post#18 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:16 am

TacT wrote:
rizzoislandgame wrote:

Image has been uploaded to the zip file on itch.io! Enjoy!

TacT
Uber

Post#19 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:51 am

That works Thank you! =D

Works great and was pretty fun really enjoy the music
Bravo on a great start! Keep up the good work! I bet this can make an interesting and chill game to sit with. =)

it's still thinking.