Rizzo Island Demo Release Details!

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

rizzoislandgame
dark night

Rizzo Island Demo Release Details!

Post#1 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:45 pm

Hello again! Here are some details from the Rizzo Island Team about our upcoming game release!

Big News:
- The game demo will release on March 23rd, 2018
- I will be hosting an AMA on r/iama on reddit at 9:00 CDT (U.S. Central Standard Time) with my gametester and hopefully my QuakeC coder if he is not busy at that time.

Small Details:
- The Dreamcast Demo files will have to be burned manually using bootdreams as I haven't had time to buy CD-R's more CD-R's to make a multi-track bin/cue that ACTUALLY WORKS.
- It will come with an Alcohol 120% image but that software is crapware so I thats why I have the manual burning with instructions
- Audio will be rip-able from the CD or you can convert the WAV tracks to MP3.
- Audio will not be the full soundtrack. Only a part of it.
- It will feature 2 levels and is about 10-15 mins long (although the first level is a simple placeholder tutorial)
- The level seen in early promotional footage is no longer a part of the game. While I did spend a lot of time on it, the Quake engine as it currently is, is not enough to support large open levels.

Here is the trailer again:

We are still hiring! If you would like to work as commission, full time with a 20% profit cut, or some other payment system, give me a message at rizzoislandgame@gmail.com ! We are only hiring Engine, QuakeC, Unity coders; and extremely low-poly modelers at this time though.

Thanks, and I hope you enjoy the demo! The game will be coming soon-ish!

Also, forgot to mention, I'll be live streaming the launch, starting at 11:00 AM Central Standard Time CDT on Youtube, so subscribe to get notifications on when that happens! Activities include, me playing some Dreamcast games, the trailer, and finally making the game public! Hopefully you can make it!
Last edited by rizzoislandgame on Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

dave_van_damn
Graffiti Grind

Re: Rizzo Island Demo Release Details!

Post#2 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:58 am

Hell yeah, looking forward to trying it!
aka DavidHK on DC games.

rizzoislandgame
dark night

Post#3 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:33 am

Also, forgot to mention, I'll be live streaming the launch, starting at 11:00 AM Central Standard Time CDT on Youtube, so subscribe to get notifications on when that happens! Activities include, me playing some Dreamcast games, the trailer, and finally making the game public! Hopefully you can make it!

dreamcast-news
Prince of Persia

Post#4 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:16 am

Hi,
We are the 24th :).
- Dev - Hacks - Homebrews - Games - Demos -

rizzoislandgame
dark night

Post#5 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:29 am

My bad! Got caught up in my birthday celebration and game distribution deals!
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=10951

Green Ranger
fragger

Post#6 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:57 am

This looks promising! How many levels do you think the final product will have?

rizzoislandgame
dark night

Post#7 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:13 pm

Green Ranger wrote:This looks promising! How many levels do you think the final product will have?

I hope to include at least 10-15 levels! I want to make this game as long as possible because I don't feel right charging people for a 5 level game lols! I need to make up production costs, so that's why there is also a PC version! For physical release, I'm probably going to charge around $30-40 for the release, which will include a PC download code as well.

I've also talked to multiple game stores in the Dallas-Ft. Worth Area and they have agreed to promote and sell the game!

Hopefully this all goes well! We hope to have it done by the 2018 Christmas season, but if it takes longer, we won't rush it.