Re: Beat Tendency - Homebrew for Dreamcast

Post#11 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:39 am

I look forward to seeing the changes!

KeiDash
undertow

Post#12 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:34 am

The game still in progress.

Currently, I'm immersed in the music themes implementation on the Dreamcast system, I mean:

1) That the music playing correctly.
2) Structs creation for associate the music beats with the game chords.
3) Functions and corrections for time treatment. (seconds, tenths and hundredths)

With respect to point (1), it's solved. Thanks at the explanations of my friend Ryo, I've got reproduce music in Dreamcast without problems in CDDA format.

The point (2) it's the more complex right now, because I've to sync up that the music chords, to appear correctly and at the right time on the screen, but for this is the point (3), that in this moment works perfectly too (2 weeks of coding and mathematical calculations to done it..).

I do no want to show any in movement because exists some things that I have to synchronize and correct

Here you have some screens

NOTE: All it's beta, all will be exposed at changes.

Screens hosted on segasaturno forums.

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#13 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:45 am

Looks amazing. I can't play rhythm games because they cause migraines (it's a weird neurological thing I have) but I want to give props on a professional looking user interface :)

KeiDash
undertow

Post#14 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:52 am

Roareye wrote:Looks amazing. I can't play rhythm games because they cause migraines (it's a weird neurological thing I have) but I want to give props on a professional looking user interface :)

Thanks Roareye! it's hard work alone on this but I feel so grateful when the people has good opinions about it.

lerabot
blackout!

Post#15 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:18 am

Looking good man! Keep up the good work :D
Indie Game Studio

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#16 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:00 pm

The Graphics have have had a major improve. They look great! Really looking forward to this. Keep up the good work
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

dave_van_damn
Graffiti Grind

Post#17 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:31 am

Wow!!! Looks great, really cant wait for this to be released.
aka DavidHK on DC games.

Nz17
St.Jimmy

Post#18 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:22 am

Roareye wrote:I can't play rhythm games because they cause migraines (it's a weird neurological thing I have)

I'm interested in creating rhythm-music games, and I would like to accommodate people such as yourself with a special mode or other changes. What can you tell me about what can be done to prevent the creation of these migraines?

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#19 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:01 am

Nz17 wrote:
Roareye wrote:I can't play rhythm games because they cause migraines (it's a weird neurological thing I have)

I'm interested in creating rhythm-music games, and I would like to accommodate people such as yourself with a special mode or other changes. What can you tell me about what can be done to prevent the creation of these migraines?

We'll take this to private message. Don't want to steamroll over this awesome project :)

Wombat
Vagabond

Post#20 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:56 am

wow this is shaping up nicely!