Intrepid Izzy KickStarter launched!

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Re: Intrepid Izzy KickStarter launched!

Post#61 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:13 pm

8 days and over 17,000 euros still needed... Crikey! I hope it succeeds.

BloodBrother
core

Post#62 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:10 am

I have been waiting a long time for this game and hope it goes all the way. Not to be a negative nancy, but what happens should the Kickstart not be successful?
THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT IS A LIE.

If you want it, come and take it from me. If you think you can, you still dont know me.

Roel
Developer

Post#63 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:13 am

BloodBrother wrote:I have been waiting a long time for this game and hope it goes all the way. Not to be a negative nancy, but what happens should the Kickstart not be successful?

Well, that would be very bad indeed. It would very likely mean that Rush Rush Rally Reloaded was our final Dreamcast release.

But let's not worry yet. For whatever reason, a lot of people tend to wait. It's fairly normal for kickstarter campaigns to appear slow for a while, but then to smash their goal in the last 48 hours.

The kickstarter goal is modest. The planning is realistic. The team is experienced. The rewards are great. There's every reason to back this project.

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#64 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:28 am

Roel wrote:It would very likely mean that Rush Rush Rally Reloaded was our final Dreamcast release.

Does that mean you would cancel Intrepid Izzy entirely, or would you still go forward with a Steam only PC release?

Roel
Developer

Post#65 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:50 am

Tarnish wrote:Does that mean you would cancel Intrepid Izzy entirely, or would you still go forward with a Steam only PC release?

Don't know yet. Let's just focus on a positive outcome first.

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#66 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:53 pm

Yea, due to a lot of KS games just being used to "gauge interest,"many people assume a game will be made regardless, so their is no point in backing . I've seen pleanty of comments about KS games on Reddit and YouTube of people claiming they will buy a game once it comes out but have no interest in crowdfunding.

Which is such a shame, as the devs who really do need backing to make their product a reality , get screwed the most.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Roel
Developer

Post#67 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:57 am

If it were just to gauge interest, it wouldn't be so bad. What really angers me is when KS is abused to quickly grab some extra cash from well-meaning gamers, when in reality a product has already been fully funded and developed. I wish KS would put a stop to that kind of thing, but I suppose they don't care as long as they get their percentage.

Roel
Developer

Post#68 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:13 pm

We've planned a live stream on Kickstarter to help promote Intrepid Izzy (PC/PS4/Dreamcast), and we'd like to welcome you all to tune in!

We'll answer your questions, draw some art (suggestions welcome) and of course play the game.

What will it be like? No idea, it's the first time we've ever done this!

You'll be able to watch it here:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/se ... amcast-ps4

(P.S. I hope I got all the times right! Time zones are a pain in the pooper sometimes.)

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#69 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:42 am

I'm guessing Adam K never gave much of a response. I really wish he would give you guys a shout-out as he is one of the biggest platforms for Dreamcast news.

I'm guessing he doesn't wanna be seen as telling people how to spend their money, but he's shown off products he's been sent before for free in the past.

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#70 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:09 am

Nico0020 wrote:I'm guessing Adam K never gave much of a response. I really wish he would give you guys a shout-out as he is one of the biggest platforms for Dreamcast news.

I'm guessing he doesn't wanna be seen as telling people how to spend their money, but he's shown off products he's been sent before for free in the past.

Yeah, I think he'd rather play it safe. Showing off products that are already finished and exist is one thing, telling people to back a project that may go south is another. I'm not implying Senile Team couldn't deliver, but sadly we seen it happen in the past (Elysian Shadows).

Return to “New Games”