Intrepid Izzy

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Roareye
Rank 9

Re: Intrepid Izzy

Post#241 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:14 pm

Roel wrote:
Roareye wrote:It would be cool to be able to buy the gdi/cdi files, and it would reduce production costs for you guys. XenoCrisis and Zia the Goddess of Magic have both done so, though I do appreciate it makes it harder to prevent piracy.

I'll buy it whichever way it goes, but I also have a gdemu, so would have to rip a copy via my spare DC the way I did with my Arcade Racing Legends disc.

It would not reduce production costs. A full production run has to be payed for. No matter how many people buy a downloadable disc image, it doesn't somehow mean we get our money back from the CD pressing plant. ;)

Sorry, I forgot to factor in that you'll have already committed to a print run. In which case it makes perfect sense to continue with the usual disc release as standard. I look forward to the updates :D

lozz
core

Post#242 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:12 pm

Apologies if this is a dumb question, but will copies be available to purchase once it has released? I missed out on the KickStarter and couldn't see any info about purchasing on the Senile Team website. Loved R4, so have a lot of faith in this release.

Roel
Developer

Post#243 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:12 am

No worries, of course they will be! :)

sunnshine
lithium

Post#244 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:36 am

This looks awesome. I love 2D platformers too. Anyone remember Bruce Lee on the C64 ;)

MastaG
Quad Damage

Post#245 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:32 pm

Hoi Roel,

Schiet het al een beetje op met de Dreamcast port?

Since I'm a 2d platform lover, I'd really like to have a hard copy of this game on disc.
So I can hear my GD drive making love noises when playing the game.

Roel
Developer

Post#246 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:40 pm

Hoi MastaG,

Zeker wel!

Physical copies will find their way to your GD drive!

segata sanshiro
Cracked LCD

Post#247 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:40 am

El bumpo:

Hi Roel, how are thing going with Izzy?

Hope everything is great ;)

Roel
Developer

Post#248 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:50 am

segata sanshiro wrote:El bumpo:

Hi Roel, how are thing going with Izzy?

Hope everything is great ;)

Hey there! Sorry for taking so long to reply, but it seems I was unable to access this website for several days.

If we disregard the fact that this effing pandemic is making me tired, stressed and depressed, everything is just peachy!

As you may have read in the latest update, the game is as good as done and our focus now lies on packaging and such. So things are going relatively well, although a bit slower than they would under normal circumstances.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#249 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:19 pm

Got the Kickstarter update. So close to release! Quick feedback on the NTSC-U cover: there's quite a bit of blue sky/headspace. Obviously the PAL layout takes that up, but it looks odd for the US layout especially with the game's logo so far in the top left corner.

I always use the NTSC-U case when I can with indie games, because I'm in the US, so I wanted to say something.

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#250 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:06 am

DCGX wrote:Got the Kickstarter update. So close to release! Quick feedback on the NTSC-U cover: there's quite a bit of blue sky/headspace. Obviously the PAL layout takes that up, but it looks odd for the US layout especially with the game's logo so far in the top left corner.

I always use the NTSC-U case when I can with indie games, because I'm in the US, so I wanted to say something.

I was gonna chime in with the exact same comment. It makes sense for the PAL version, but the logo for the NTSC-U cover should be moved/adjusted.

Return to “New Games”