Intrepid Izzy

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Roel
Developer

Re: Intrepid Izzy

Post#261 » Sun May 02, 2021 1:59 pm

Very close!

More details in our latest Kickstarter update. ;)

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#262 » Mon May 03, 2021 11:26 am

:o

asiergcfg
shadow

Post#263 » Mon May 24, 2021 4:58 pm

I'm really looking forward to playing this game on my DC. I hope we get a summer release!

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#264 » Mon May 24, 2021 11:22 pm

Looking forward to it. Once this game is out the door, and you guys get a much deserved break, do you plan on continuing pursuing DC dev? You guys are THE indie dev for DC and knock it out of the park with every release.

Roel
Developer

Post#265 » Tue May 25, 2021 2:04 am

asiergcfg wrote:I'm really looking forward to playing this game on my DC. I hope we get a summer release!

Thank you! I hope so too! ;)

Nico0020 wrote:Looking forward to it. Once this game is out the door, and you guys get a much deserved break, do you plan on continuing pursuing DC dev? You guys are THE indie dev for DC and knock it out of the park with every release.

Thank you so much! :D

As for the future, I'll think about it during my break. 8-)

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#266 » Tue May 25, 2021 8:29 pm

Hey Roel, any plans for releasing the tools so people can make free homebrew projects with this engine? Something like this would be huge for the community like how you guys awesome OBOR engine was. I mean, just look what that whole community has spawned hahaha.

An awesome open 2D platforming engine like this could be massive! XD

Of course if you don't have any plans for that it is completely understandable.

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#267 » Wed May 26, 2021 12:51 pm

Still hoping for AotB Roel :mrgreen:
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

Roel
Developer

Post#268 » Mon May 31, 2021 3:45 am

Anthony817 wrote:Hey Roel, any plans for releasing the tools so people can make free homebrew projects with this engine? Something like this would be huge for the community like how you guys awesome OBOR engine was. I mean, just look what that whole community has spawned hahaha.

An awesome open 2D platforming engine like this could be massive! XD

Of course if you don't have any plans for that it is completely understandable.

Thank you for your kind words!

I currently don't feel inclined to go that route with Intrepid Izzy. It isn't nearly as easy to mod as BOR. The tools have a steep learning curve, and the game is not built with the same "no coding required" philosophy as BOR. But I still might change my mind later.

mazonemayu wrote:Still hoping for AotB Roel :mrgreen:

Thanks, me too actually.

The AotB project kept losing its momentum primarily on account of the huge volume of art required. I have some ideas about how to fix that. But I've also learned that it was a mistake to attempt a project of such magnitude while ignoring the harsh reality of the financial aspects. And securing the necessary funds will be a challenge indeed.

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#269 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:35 pm

Roel wrote:
Thanks, me too actually.

The AotB project kept losing its momentum primarily on account of the huge volume of art required. I have some ideas about how to fix that. But I've also learned that it was a mistake to attempt a project of such magnitude while ignoring the harsh reality of the financial aspects. And securing the necessary funds will be a challenge indeed.

That game (and its trailer) has a cult following in the scene. I think you’d be surprised how much a crowdfunding campaign would bring in…a lot of us (myself included :lol: ) would sell an organ or 2 for that game.
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

sunnshine
lithium

Post#270 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:05 am

Sorry if this has been asked before but is there any chance of a GDI download for the DC? I don't have a GD-rom drive.

I can buy it on Steam but I'd prefer to support the DC version if possible!

Return to “New Games”