Ghosts' n Demons

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Re: Ghosts' n Demons

Post#11 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:47 pm

This game never worked. Not sure why it was ever released. I asked over at Dreamcast.es back in 2015 but nobody ever showed proof it was working. Really no idea what was wrong with this game or what? But I know for a fact there was never a working copy of it and only rumors of it being for DC. I think somebody got confused and passed it off as fact.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#12 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:13 pm

Anthony817 wrote:This game never worked. Not sure why it was ever released. I asked over at Dreamcast.es back in 2015 but nobody ever showed proof it was working. Really no idea what was wrong with this game or what? But I know for a fact there was never a working copy of it and only rumors of it being for DC. I think somebody got confused and passed it off as fact.

Correct.. would not really trust most of them they never played past 2 level and take 10 mins to load on the older engine NOT the first bor the one that came after..

Want proper openbor engine get Dreambor7.1

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#13 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:36 am

i seem to remember to have played this a bit back in the day, on real hardware
it was only the first stage, i couldn't get past the first level in that fast test

almost sure because in those years i didn't have a PC yet
now, what version was? cannot remember at all

exawatt
Anarki

Post#14 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:47 am

Maybe that image will work on GDEMU than real cdr, can someone with GDEMU try it?

exawatt
Anarki

Post#15 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:48 am

kremiso wrote:
now, what version was? cannot remember at all

https://mega.nz/#!yZ5UAQQY!mvFISJoTrs72 ... UltxEshwJY

Ryo Suzuki
lithium

Post#16 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:25 pm

I tried it back on the day in USB GDROM and never worked (I think it was rebooting).

I would like to see this game ported to Dreamcast. It is simply wonderful.

We will need the first version to try to port it. I would say is possible but we need to adjust it to the Dreamcast RAM.

I hope some friend can achieve it!

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#17 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:32 pm

Course it can work on dreambor 7.1 if you put in massive amount of work redoing all the game assets been thru what it takes to port any openbor game to dreamcast..

exawatt
Anarki

Post#18 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:42 pm

Ryo Suzuki wrote:I tried it back on the day in USB GDROM and never worked (I think it was rebooting).

I would like to see this game ported to Dreamcast. It is simply wonderful.

We will need the first version to try to port it. I would say is possible but we need to adjust it to the Dreamcast RAM.

I hope some friend can achieve it!

If someone can lead the works, I'm available to help in any ways I can...

Dakangel
letterbomb

Post#19 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:16 pm

Is better to try to port the most actual version (the via donation one) rather than lose time with older, glitched and unpolished ones.

exawatt
Anarki

Post#20 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:57 am

Dakangel wrote:Is better to try to port the most actual version (the via donation one) rather than lose time with older, glitched and unpolished ones.

I have the 1.8.6 WIndows Version, I think can be a good start...

The Dreamcast has an updated version of last dreamcast openbor port, its called dreambor and its optmized to have a better performance on Dreamcast. With Dreambor is possible to play or port some games that wasnt playable before on the Dreamcast. A coder named Ian Michael is working hard to make Dreambor a good way to make games for Dreamcast or even play some openbor games, some games need a lot of rework to become playable, but openbor is alive on Dreamcast. Btw, iam creating a original game for Dreamcast using Dreambor, but manage the 16 mb ram is really hard.

https://www.chronocrash.com/forum/index ... post-76745

hey IAN
do you have some guide to work with Dreambor and to start doing this?