The Textorcist: Story of Ray Bibbia

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

mstar
Doom

Re: The Textorcist: Story of Ray Bibbia

Post#61 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:04 am

Can confirm.

Collectors Edition, locks up halfway through the third fight - i took a picture:

Dreamcast is a VA0, hooked up via VGA-box (retrobit), although via the Composite output (new - well, other - piece of shit TV doesn't seem to like the DC VGA signal).

Due to the crappy composite signal, a side-effect is i can't read shit in this game...

The short sequence where you're supposed to start "Godle" and search for the location, the text was _so_ blurry i basically had to guess.

Same goes for the note where you should pick the location you wanna go to - the red (?) text is simply illegible...

What are others using for output? Does proper VGA work better?
Last edited by mstar on Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dreamcastnews
blackout!

Post#62 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:26 pm

I thought that was just my shit eye sight! Had the same on RGB scart my dude and lock up in the same damn place too!
https://youtu.be/XcyBq8vZ3Yg <----- Dreamcast gameplay videos

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#63 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:41 pm

That's not good
it is an unavoidable stuck point?
i don't have the game yet, so i'm just wondering
reloading a closer gamesave or turning off something in options (like bgm), could help, or better is possible?
i mean to pass that problematic point at least

Dreamcastnews
blackout!

Post#64 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:45 pm

The problem there is that it auto saves, I do wonder if perhaps it would run better from the GD Emu perhaps. I really hope there’s a work around though as it’s a decent game.

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#65 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:54 pm

Dreamcastnews wrote:The problem there is that it auto saves, I do wonder if perhaps it would run better from the GD Emu perhaps. I really hope there’s a work around though as it’s a decent game.

now i'm curious
so, if you reload the latest autosave, it does freeze at the same point again?

Dreamcastnews
blackout!

Post#66 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:23 pm

I’ll give it a try and see what happens

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#67 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:59 pm

You think it be playtested to the end this what has cause me so much trouble when people convert openbor pc games to dreambor and think oh it runs the first 2 levels must work to the end NO not on embedded system .. i wonder if this using stock SDL from kos ports It looks like it is looking at the framerate

SpaceHoliday
dark night

Post#68 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:52 am

mstar wrote:Can confirm.

Collectors Edition, locks up halfway through the third fight - i took a picture:

Dreamcast is a VA0, hooked up via VGA-box (retrobit), although via the Composite output (new - well, other - piece of shit TV doesn't seem to like the DC VGA signal).

Due to the crappy composite signal, a side-effect is i can't read shit in this game...

The short sequence where you're supposed to start "Godle" and search for the location, the text was _so_ blurry i basically had to guess.

Same goes for the note where you should pick the location you wanna go to - the red (?) text is simply illegible...

What are others using for output? Does proper VGA work better?

My copy locks up in exactly the same place. Speaking to others it seems that this issue may affect every copy. I’ve sent an email to Gamefairy and Headup games with some video footage (as per their request), we’ll have to see how they respond.
Visit The Dreamcast Junkyard: http://www.thedreamcastjunkyard.co.uk

mstar
Doom

Post#69 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:01 pm

I wonder if they even playtested the game on real hardware - can anyone confirm they can read the text on the location selection screen on the red note or if you use the Holivetty (sp?) computer?

If so, which kind of connection do you have to your TV/screen?

Also, please let us know what they respond with - Thanks!

Motoracer5
blackout!

Post#70 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:19 pm

Has anyone ripped it and tried it on an emulator or ODE?