Guide: Extracting And Recompiling CDI Images

Moderator: VasiliyRS

User avatar
itsthinkingstill
Vagabond
Posts: 725

Re: Guide: Extracting And Recompiling CDI Images

Post#51 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:47 pm

mrneo240 wrote:
itsthinkingstill wrote:Wish i could help more but there is now way i can as i would need to spend a lot of time messing around with it, sorry :(


Off topic but, I realize we kind of parted ways on the web browser project. Sorry about that. Was the determination made to stick with 2.6 as a base and ignore 3.0?

NP we all have busy lives :) If you can get 2.6 bootable that be great, if we cant than thats no problem. Just wanted to add reliable web surfing if i can. Would like to spend more time on it this week but second year college midterms are standing in the way of progress :mrgreen:

mrneo240
chill
Posts: 305

Re: Guide: Extracting And Recompiling CDI Images

Post#52 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:40 pm

paddyboy wrote:So if i am understanding you correctly then i should do this ...



heres some pictures. hopefully they stay in order

Copying files from CD to data folder
step 1.png
step 1.png (61.03 KiB) Viewed 721 times

step 2.png
step 2.png (31.48 KiB) Viewed 721 times

step 3 - ip_bin_1.png
step 3 - ip_bin_1.png (29.07 KiB) Viewed 721 times

Save this file and then rename to IP.BIN
step 3 - ip_bin_2.png
step 3 - ip_bin_2.png (12.27 KiB) Viewed 721 times

Save this file next to makesort.exe and then run makesort.exe
step 4 - sort_1.png
step 4 - sort_1.png (55.51 KiB) Viewed 721 times

After running makesort.exe open the sorttxt.txt and remove the last line.
step 4 - sort_2.png
step 4 - sort_2.png (37.31 KiB) Viewed 721 times

Run the first command and let it finish, you should get a msr.iso
step 5 mkisofs_1.png
step 5 mkisofs_1.png (70.34 KiB) Viewed 721 times

then run the second command (mds4dc-Release should work better but might also try -Debug if it doesnt, might need msvc 2017 runtime)
step 5 mkisofs_2.png
step 5 mkisofs_2.png (20.54 KiB) Viewed 721 times


Dont FRET! just hit close program and all will be well.
step 6 - dont fret.png
step 6 - dont fret.png (79.89 KiB) Viewed 721 times

Mount this in daemon tools and SUCCESS
Attachments
step 7 success.png
step 7 success.png (210.98 KiB) Viewed 721 times

User avatar
Mechanic
MegaDeath
Posts: 230

Re: Guide: Extracting And Recompiling CDI Images

Post#53 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:01 am

@mrneo240

Is there a way to edilt the quake 3 cdi to allow more then 4 players in an online game?

mrneo240
chill
Posts: 305

Re: Guide: Extracting And Recompiling CDI Images

Post#54 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:19 am

Mechanic wrote:@mrneo240

Is there a way to edilt the quake 3 cdi to allow more then 4 players in an online game?


I've wondered that myself, the topic probably deserves its own thread though

User avatar
Mechanic
MegaDeath
Posts: 230

Re: Guide: Extracting And Recompiling CDI Images

Post#55 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:41 am

well figured to just ask you since you have the knowledge in cd editing here.
I've been messing with the q3 cdi with hex editor and testing it with dmul emulator

paddyboy
undertow
Posts: 31

Re: Guide: Extracting And Recompiling CDI Images

Post#56 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:37 am

Thank you MrNeo240 !

i will follow this tonight when i have time and let you know how i get on,big big thank you for going out your way to help me !!!!

Actually had to try this just now however i don't know what to do with the new created IP.BIN that i extract.

also,after following instructions,i put sorttxt.txt in the mkisofs folder and use the command line to load it up,i get the rrror

mkisofs: Incorrect sort file format

i tried making another sort with (lba full path) instead of the one you highlighted in the picture (lba relative path)
but then i get another error in mkisofs - cannot make generic boot on offset !=0.

i also tried changing all my files from c to DC/dc_msr as the main working directory in case there was a problem with the working folder paths and i put most all the files in there too that you are using but i get the offset error.
Last edited by paddyboy on Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mrneo240
chill
Posts: 305

Re: Guide: Extracting And Recompiling CDI Images

Post#57 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:35 pm

paddyboy wrote:Thank you MrNeo240 !

i will follow this tonight when i have time and let you know how i get on,big big thank you for going out your way to help me !!!!

Actually had to try this just now however i don't know what to do with the new created IP.BIN that i extract.

also,after following instructions,i put sorttxt.txt in the mkisofs folder and use the command line to load it up,i get the rrror

mkisofs: Incorrect sort file format


Just extract and save the file as IP.BIN, no need to touch it. It goes in the same folder as mkisofs.exe.

When you get the filelist.txt put it in the folder with makesort.exe and then run it to get your sorttxt.txt.

Run the commands exactly as shown and it should be good provided your folder looks similar to the first image I posted

paddyboy
undertow
Posts: 31

Re: Guide: Extracting And Recompiling CDI Images

Post#58 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:43 pm

work folder.jpg
work folder.jpg (486.68 KiB) Viewed 680 times
mrneo240 wrote:
paddyboy wrote:Thank you MrNeo240 !

i will follow this tonight when i have time and let you know how i get on,big big thank you for going out your way to help me !!!!

Actually had to try this just now however i don't know what to do with the new created IP.BIN that i extract.

also,after following instructions,i put sorttxt.txt in the mkisofs folder and use the command line to load it up,i get the rrror

mkisofs: Incorrect sort file format


Just extract and save the file as IP.BIN, no need to touch it. It goes in the same folder as mkisofs.exe.

When you get the filelist.txt put it in the folder with makesort.exe and then run it to get your sorttxt.txt.

Run the commands exactly as shown and it should be good provided your folder looks similar to the first image I posted



I did this exactly as described,i get a few different erros in mkisofs from my updated last post,i also did put the ipbin that i extracted and saved in there too as i seen you had it in your working folder but im getting a few different errors.

i tried making another sort with (lba full path) instead of the one you highlighted in the picture (lba relative path)
but then i get another error in mkisofs - cannot make generic boot on offset !=0.

i also tried changing all my files from c to DC/dc_msr as the main working directory in case there was a problem with the working folder paths and i put most all the files in there too that you are using but i get the offset error.

I notice you have a raw audio file AUDIO.RAW but don't know where that came from

added a pic,sorry im not good with forums adding pictures
work folder.jpg
work folder.jpg (413.31 KiB) Viewed 676 times
Last edited by paddyboy on Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mrneo240
chill
Posts: 305

Re: Guide: Extracting And Recompiling CDI Images

Post#59 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:59 pm

Don't worry about the "Specified -C without -M" warning, its just a suggestion. I haven't seen that error about "creating generic boot offset !=0" maybe try it with the mkisofs in the zip file.

Everything looks right to me though:
Data folder
IP.BIN
mkisofs
Mds4dc
Sorttxt.txt

I just have never seen that error before.

paddyboy
undertow
Posts: 31

Re: Guide: Extracting And Recompiling CDI Images

Post#60 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:12 pm

mrneo240 wrote:Don't worry about the "Specified -C without -M" warning, its just a suggestion. I haven't seen that error about "creating generic boot offset !=0" maybe try it with the mkisofs in the zip file.

Everything looks right to me though:
Data folder
IP.BIN
mkisofs
Mds4dc
Sorttxt.txt

I just have never seen that error before.



its now making iso now i am using your mkisofs

crazy !

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Modifications”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users