Dreamcast Bios Hacks

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Luca91
noob

Dreamcast Bios Hacks

Post#1 » Mon May 12, 2014 9:59 am

Hi,
I was thinking about to hack the dc bios in order to fix the language translation (it is really bad translated in my mother tongue)..
Also I was thinking about to add some features to it, but I need your help to figure out some things:

- Region Free: I'd like to make the bios region free, so I compared an already hacked bios with my original dump and figured out that only 2 bytes have to be patched (0x51E and 0x51F), can somebody confirm this ? and if you know, what there are exactly at those addresses ? (When I've some free time I'll try to disasm it, to figure out what exactly happens at that addy)

- 3D mode ready: You can unlock bios 3D mode with the game puyo puyo, but I've read that it is just a flag in the bios (according to cOcOoO here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1946), does anybody know where this flag is located at ?

- Other hacks: if you think that I should add some other features, and you know where to look at to implement them, just tell me, and I'll do my best to add them :)

XC-3730C
lithium

Re: Dreamcast Bios Hacks

Post#2 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:32 pm

I would add the ability to run Dreamshell without a disc, for use with some of the upcoming Hard Drive solutions.