[v1.0 RELEASED] Death Crimson 2: Altar of Melanito (English Translation Patch)

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

ateam
Animated Violence

Re: [New English Translation Project Started] Death Crimson 2: Altar of Melanito

Post#11 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:57 am

mistamontiel wrote:I thought this is the one largely free roaming around and lightgun was more afterthought

I'm not sure sure if it was an afterthought. However, this game does feature a lot of free roaming, quite similar to Resident Evil (even has tank controls).
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube
• Discord: derek.ateam

ateam
Animated Violence

Re: [New English Translation Project Started] Death Crimson 2: Altar of Melanito

Post#12 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:17 pm

Testing confirms PAL console with PAL gun and s-video works fine.

EDIT: To be clear, I didn't change anything. This test was performed by somebody using the vanilla version of the original NTSC-J game.
Last edited by ateam on Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube

DreamcastUK
brutal

Post#13 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:45 am

amazing, you've mentioned you don't have any spare time so if you need any help wih testing/translation etc
Online Games: PSO | Quake III Arena | Toy Racer | 4x4 Evo | Starlancer | Planet Ring | Maximum Pool

ItsMuchMore
Founder & Lead Editor

The Dreamcast Junkyard
YouTube Editor

cbnj
brutal

Post#14 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:53 pm

Okay, i have the game now, how to patch it.
Dc_gun_test_01.zip oh! 667 mb
Is the patch finished alteady?
If still in development ill wait for it to be finished.

ateam
Animated Violence

Post#15 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:31 am

cbnj wrote:Okay, i have the game now, how to patch it.
Dc_gun_test_01.zip oh! 667 mb
Is the patch finished alteady?
If still in development ill wait for it to be finished.

Translation is still in development. This was just a test disc image of the original game for PAL consoles owners with PAL light guns to test. As I said in my post, it should be ignored.
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube

Gromber
undertow

Post#16 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:20 am

ateam tested dc2_gun_test_31: no video in rgb scart in pal.

ateam
Animated Violence

Post#17 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:41 am

Gromber wrote:ateam tested dc2_gun_test_31: no video in rgb scart in pal.

Thank you for wanting to assist. This test forced 480p over SCART.

As mentioned, I already had someone test this, so please ignore :D
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube

cbnj
brutal

Post#18 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:48 pm

Okay

ateam
Animated Violence

Post#19 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:09 am

Hi all,

Just wanted to post a little status update here :D

As of right now, it would appear that all system messages, menus, and non-story text has been fully translated and tested. I say "appear" because there's a sizable number of leftover strings that I don't believe ever make an appearance in the game itself.

Story dialogue text itself hovering around the 50% translated/edited/tested mark. In addition to that, over half of all FMVs have been subtitled.

To break up some of the monotony, I started working on the brand-new bonus content feature I've added to the game. I recorded a little preview video here for anyone curious.

Speaking of leftover assets, there were at least 30 unused work-in-progress/test FMVs on the original retail GD-ROM. None of these are particularly interesting, but removing them should allow me to create a very nice limited-size CDI release, in addition to full-size GDI. After all, I need space for the 50MB+ Kunitaka Watanabe video!
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube

ateam
Animated Violence

Post#20 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:25 am

Wanted to post an update here on some exciting new stuff I added to the game: VMU icon support for both standard controller and light gun!

I created a 10-part post on X/Twitter/whatever, so copying/pasting it all here and reformatting it just seems silly.

Instead, here are the direct links to all 10 parts, which can be viewed even without an account.

This automated Nitter mirror-chooser link should also let you see all 10 posts in one singular thread without an account:
https://twiiit.com/DerekPascarella/stat ... 8728933458

Long story short, I brought over missing code from other games, in this case _pdVmsLcdWrite1. This particular function is a lot smaller and faster than _pdVmsLcdWrite. Both come from the Shinobi library, but _pdVmdLcdWrite1 had way fewer external dependent functions associated with it, thus making the job of bringing the code over to "Death Crimson 2" a bit easier.

Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube