Hundred Swords English Translation?

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

CORE316
photon blast

Hundred Swords English Translation?

Post by CORE316 »

I am trying to Translate this Game with help of the PC Version.

Hundred Swords\bin\eme [Directory seems identical to Dreamcast with 1 additional File Missing on Dreamcast.]
Hundred Swords\bin\mission [Looking for Directory? Dreamcast missing .rte and .rtt]
Hundred Swords\bin\RTSEvent [Looking for Directory? Dreamcast missing .rte and .rtt]
Hundred Swords\bin\story [Looking for Directory? Dreamcast missing .rte and .rtt]
Hundred Swords\advertise.mpg - advertise.sfd The Intro Movie in English.

.eme - Text
.rte - Text Not Present in Dreamcast Version or different extension?
.rtt - Text Not Present in Dreamcast Version or different extension?
.wlt - Points to .wavs
.bin - usual binaries
.cam
.dat
.drv - driver?
.exe - wince executable
.dll - wince libraries
.ibn
.latex
.ldp
.mdb
.mdp
.mlt
.mrl
.mtb
.mml
.pvr - common dreamcast images
.sfd - common dreamcast video
.sll
.sml
.spr - sprite?
.srl
.ubn

Any ideas on Tools or help etc appreciated it is a work in progress [NOT TRANSLATED YET!]
I will update this Post as Progress Continues.
Last edited by CORE316 on Sat Jul 22, 2023 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Roz
photon blast

Re: Hundred Swords English Translation?

Post by Roz »

Thank you for this work!
fafadou
Gold Lion

Post by fafadou »

Some files are zipped if you dind a way...
I look at this years ago.
CORE316
photon blast

Post by CORE316 »

Damn real harder than it looks I have dumped some textures via Flycast and im guessing those too make up the dialogue and other elements etc. So I would really need to be a native Japanese to read and type in English and then edit the texture manually with the English Text.

Currently the only viable way is to Google Translate etc by manually typing the characters by hand lol which I have no clue since I dont speak Japanese remake the textures from the dumped .pngs and try to convert them back now I know somewhat how hard it is to Translate these Games.

There goes my other Game I was planning to try Space Griffon -V9 I was going to try using the Playstation as reference for that one. I will still look into things but without good tools these seems like a futile effort by me and best left to the Pros.

I will update if I get anywhere thanks for the info @fafadou well here is hoping HUndred Swords and Space Griffon - V9 English Translations Please for those that know their stuff. :-)
wakabayashy
shadow

Post by wakabayashy »

good luck and thanks for this! I've played it in Japanese long time ago
fafadou
Gold Lion

Post by fafadou »

Not sure if @core316 still work on this project...
Green Ranger
killer

Post by Green Ranger »

CORE316 wrote:Damn real harder than it looks I have dumped some textures via Flycast and im guessing those too make up the dialogue and other elements etc. So I would really need to be a native Japanese to read and type in English and then edit the texture manually with the English Text.

Currently the only viable way is to Google Translate etc by manually typing the characters by hand lol which I have no clue since I dont speak Japanese remake the textures from the dumped .pngs and try to convert them back now I know somewhat how hard it is to Translate these Games.

There goes my other Game I was planning to try Space Griffon -V9 I was going to try using the Playstation as reference for that one. I will still look into things but without good tools these seems like a futile effort by me and best left to the Pros.

I will update if I get anywhere thanks for the info @fafadou well here is hoping HUndred Swords and Space Griffon - V9 English Translations Please for those that know their stuff. :-)
You don't have to manually type in the characters, Google can translate text directly from images- so if your textures have japanese characters on them, let Google Translate do the hard work for you. :)
CORE316
photon blast

Post by CORE316 »

For now im not working on it but that does not mean anyone else cant , thats great that Google can translate the symbols I did not expect that although should not be surprised. I will check it out again when I have some free time.
fafadou
Gold Lion

Post by fafadou »

Green Ranger wrote:
CORE316 wrote:Damn real harder than it looks I have dumped some textures via Flycast and im guessing those too make up the dialogue and other elements etc. So I would really need to be a native Japanese to read and type in English and then edit the texture manually with the English Text.

You don't have to manually type in the characters, Google can translate text directly from images- so if your textures have japanese characters on them, let Google Translate do the hard work for you. :)
How do you proceed please ? For sword of the berserk I used my phone, and the result was mediocre.
Green Ranger
killer

Post by Green Ranger »

fafadou wrote:How do you proceed please ? For sword of the berserk I used my phone, and the result was mediocre.
I always use a computer to upload images to Google Translate. Try that and let me know if it makes a differencre. :)