[v1.1 RELEASED!] New English translation project (Cool Cool Toon)

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

ateam
Heroine Console

[v1.1 RELEASED!] New English translation project (Cool Cool Toon)

Post#1 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:01 am

UPDATE (2023-07-31):
Patch v1.1 has been released! Click here to jump to the post.

The Nakoruru team and I are still working on finishing that project, so don't worry! However, I've now started early work on what will be my next English translation patch... Cool Cool Toon!

Announcement post on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/DerekPascarella/status/1557351067179966470

Early work-in-progress video:
https://youtu.be/flB0JXJPibU

Below are some preview screenshots with a sexy variable-width font! Stay tuned!

Last edited by ateam on Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube
• Discord: derek.ateam

enfilade
shadow

Re: New English translation project (Cool Cool Toon)

Post#2 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:14 pm

Wow I am so excited for this release!!! One of my favorite DC games, and rhythm games in general. Thank you for your continuous work on English Translation patches! :)

Dreamtastic
lithium

Post#3 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:50 pm

Doing great work again love it! I love Cool Cool Town and is not really a known game outside of the DC community. Hope that your release gives it more awareness. Also can't wait to finally understand what is going on in the story more. lol

ateam
Heroine Console

Post#4 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:29 am

Dreamtastic wrote:Doing great work again love it! I love Cool Cool Town and is not really a known game outside of the DC community. Hope that your release gives it more awareness. Also can't wait to finally understand what is going on in the story more. lol

Thanks for the kind words!

Actually, this is a very, very charming game. The story and characters are super-fun! I’m certain everyone will get a real kick out of playing this game in English.
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#5 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:19 pm

Always working @ateam. Thanks for all your contributions to the scene.

scomico
noob

Post#6 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:48 pm

Great work! This is one of the few games that connects to a NeoGeo Pocket Color (Cool Cool Jam) using the Link Cable; supposedly you can upload character data and some bonus jokes between the two systems.

Enma09
rebel

Post#7 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:41 pm

Hey dude this is awesome! I wonder play this game and now is in English! I find myself doing a translation / relocation to English of the Dreamcast version of Capcom vs. SNK 2 and I already have it for 25% (I will soon post a thread about the process here) I want you to help with something if you can, in the Japanese version of dreamcast the textures of the US version of PS2 are stored in compressed bin files. These containers have easy to find names and almost all of them are perfectly interchangeable with each other, except for 2 (which cause errors and bottlenecks in the game) I would like someone to help me solve this (maybe modifying the way in which those textures should come out or being able to extract the japanese originals to simply edit them), I already have the part of the text translation covered.

As I recently saw that some users of this community managed to hack Capcom NET services, I found it interesting to be able to make this gift to the community (and myself, who always wanted this version to be translated).
Last edited by Enma09 on Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

ateam
Heroine Console

Post#8 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:41 pm

Enma09 wrote:Hey dude this is awesome! I wonder play this game and now is in English! I find myself doing a translation / relocation to English of the Dreamcast version of Capcom vs. SNK 2 and I already have it for 25% (I will soon post a thread about the process here) I want you to help with something if you can, in the Japanese version of dreamcast the textures of the US version of PS2 are stored in compressed bin files. These containers have easy to find names and almost all of them are perfectly interchangeable with each other, except for 2 (which cause errors and bottlenecks in the game) I would like someone to help me solve this (maybe modifying the way in which those textures should come out or being able to extract the japanese originals to simply edit them), I already have the part of the text translation covered.

As I recently saw that some users of this community managed to hack Capcom NET services, I found it interesting to be able to make this gift to the community (and myself, who always wanted this version to be translated).

If you and other members of Dreamcast talk want to help me, you can contact me here or my email at [email protected]

Thank you for the kind words! However, I have no time to assist with other projects right now.

That being said, you may want to check out the NaomiMod discord, where a number of people have worked with Capcom games on the Dreamcast: https://discord.gg/2PBGDbVZ
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube

LeSpank
undertow

Post#9 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:26 pm

Yes! I've been hoping for this one for a long time!

sonikkublue
rebel

Post#10 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:08 am

hell yes!! will be keeping my eye on this one for sure, this game is awesome. best of luck :D