shadow

Re: Mystery Dungeon: Shiren Gaiden Asuka Kenzan - English Translation

Post#11 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:32 pm

Thanks for your effort. Looking forward to this

ateam
Heroine Console

Post#12 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:09 pm

Keep up the great work! It's awesome to see your progress.
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube
• Discord: derek.ateam

Gocha
letterbomb

Post#13 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:12 pm

I love rogue-likes, so I'll be following this project :) thanks for you efforts.

Enma09
rebel

Post#14 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:20 pm

VincentNL wrote:Used lunch-time break to give this a look :D

1. Font size hacking would not be useful in this case, since game natively support VFW:
The game parse each letter first byte, then according to the value sets encoding to: unicode ( usually single byte - halfwidth ) or shift-JIS (2-bytes - wide).
If you only use unicode it will double the available space!

2. Your priority is to track down text pointers in those huge binary files, I don't know how your friend extracted text, but if he did parse pointers, you just need to write them back according to your new lenght.

3. If you are out of space, this is a good chance to use control codes of items / character names to store common words. Creating multi-tile encoding will let you easily save 30%-60% in text size.

What hex editor is this? I looking for a hex editor can read Japanese shift-JIS

VincentNL
core

Post#15 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:58 am

Enma09 wrote:
VincentNL wrote:Used lunch-time break to give this a look :D

1. Font size hacking would not be useful in this case, since game natively support VFW:
The game parse each letter first byte, then according to the value sets encoding to: unicode ( usually single byte - halfwidth ) or shift-JIS (2-bytes - wide).
If you only use unicode it will double the available space!

2. Your priority is to track down text pointers in those huge binary files, I don't know how your friend extracted text, but if he did parse pointers, you just need to write them back according to your new lenght.

3. If you are out of space, this is a good chance to use control codes of items / character names to store common words. Creating multi-tile encoding will let you easily save 30%-60% in text size.

What hex editor is this? I looking for a hex editor can read Japanese shift-JIS

WxMEdit:
https://wxmedit.github.io
If you like my work or just want to show some love:
https://ko-fi.com/vincentnl
https://www.patreon.com/VincentNL

sharksnack
shadow

Post#16 » Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:22 am

Hey everyone, it's been a while since my last update, but I've been hard at work on this game again.
Most core gameplay areas are in English now, and the remaining text is mostly story scenes and NPC dialogue.
That said, there's a TON of said text, so it's still going to be a while before the 1st draft is done.

I also want to give another shoutout to VincentNL, who has helped out so much with this project.
Some of the things he's helped with include, but are not limited to:

• Tool to make testing changes easy.
  • Teaching me about pointers.
  • Font replacement.
  • Intro images and other textures.
  • Tips on using Ghidra and Cheat Engine.
  • Scripts to unpack data.

But in any case, here's a preview video showing part of the introduction when you first start the game:

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#17 » Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:39 am

sharksnack wrote:Hey everyone, it's been a while since my last update, but I've been hard at work on this game again.
Most core gameplay areas are in English now, and the remaining text is mostly story scenes and NPC dialogue.
That said, there's a TON of said text, so it's still going to be a while before the 1st draft is done.

I also want to give another shoutout to VincentNL, who has helped out so much with this project.
Some of the things he's helped with include, but are not limited to:

• Tool to make testing changes easy.
  • Teaching me about pointers.
  • Font replacement.
  • Intro images and other textures.
  • Tips on using Ghidra and Cheat Engine.
  • Scripts to unpack data.

But in any case, here's a preview video showing part of the introduction when you first start the game:

Looking great amazing to see this thank you :) :D

sharksnack
shadow

Post#18 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:08 pm

I can't believe the last time I posted was in November of last year, time sure does fly! But nevertheless, the game is still being worked on, and I'm excited to announce that a playable demo version of this fan translation patch will be releasing this weekend. (I'll update the video's description with details and a link when it's time)

Shoutouts to VincentNL and derek (ateam)! They helped out so much since I started this project last May, and I can't express how much I appreciate it. That said, there's still a long way to go before the game is fully translated. The demo only covers the first region of the game, and the second region is waaay bigger than the first.

Teaser:

ateam
Heroine Console

Post#19 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:26 pm

sharksnack wrote:But nevertheless, the game is still being worked on, and I'm excited to announce that a playable demo version of this fan translation patch will be releasing this weekend.

Congratulations! You've done such great work, and I know many people out there will be thrilled to play this demo.

Keep it up :D
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube
• Discord: derek.ateam

Rolly
letterbomb

Post#20 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:26 am

Awesome work and awesome game!
Demo? Great idea :) This will be a very interesting weekend .