'Radirgy' English Translation (Patch)

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

ateam
Heroine Console

Re: 'Radirgy' English Translation (Patch)

Post#11 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:25 pm

dubcity wrote:So competitive. lol I forgot to include pvr with the cdi file. But I figured cdr users could care less for pvr like ode users.
But.. I did make a custom cd cover they can print. And small version to convert to pvr. I'm making gdi with disc pvr and one with jewel pvr. In my opinion looks better than the original cd cover.

Haha, no no, no competition! Thanks so much for sharing the patched CDI. And of course it makes sense that disc users wouldn't care about the art PVR, I only did that for GDMenu users until one of us puts out a GDI.

Oh, and that custom disc art looks great!
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube
• Discord: derek.ateam

fraggle200
chill

Post#12 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:53 pm

ateam wrote:
fraggle200 wrote:
dubcity wrote:Sweet!
Been waiting to see if the Wii localization would get converted over. I'll get to work on a gdi and add it to collection thread.

I was just about to do this as I've managed to get the wife watching Hamilton for the next 2-3hrs but if you're going to do it, I'll wait on the GDI from you. I've more faith in your ability than mine.

I only had a few minutes before I had to go run errands for the day, but it would seem simply using buildgdi to do the rebuild is causing issues. I know (or believe?) the GDI+Boxart collection from the Downloads section of the forum is built using different methods, but I wanted to try and poke around at this a bit more to determine what the quirk is that's causing the new GDI not to boot.

well, I extracted the files from the translated cdi and when I was putting them into the extracted GDI I only opted for replace files of different size (I use Teracopy). booted without issue but none of the translation had copied. went back again and this time replaced all older files and now it doesn't boot. I'll leave it to you Derek to have a look into this as I'm not sure what could be the issue. I did only try a truncated GDI though... in case that was the issue. Might give a full GDI a shot.

EDIT: pah! tried the full GDI and it was the same.

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#13 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:15 pm

You have to replace the 1st_read.bin file too. Check the dates on the files. That will tell you which ones have been changed. Also the Radisong.afs file on the cdi is smaller for some reason. So don't transfer that one.

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#14 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:43 pm

Radirgy | JP | English Translated

Full GDI 1.10GB untrimmed. Bin Files. CD PVR

Code: Select all

https://www.mediafire.com/file/433q7aybgyhpooh/Radirgy_%255BJP%255D%255BEnglish_Translated%255D%255BCD_PVR%255D.zip/file

Just checked it on my gdemu clone. It runs.

I'll have optimized box art version up in a bit.

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#15 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:46 pm

@Megavolt85 already beat me to the optimized version. Thanks to him. You can get it from here:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=13803&start=80#p159777

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#16 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:07 pm

wawa! lol why don't he jus tell which CDI he tailored to

Thanks dubcity! But I check gamehacking.org and I don't see Radirgy. I can't survive schmups through!!

CORE316
photon blast

Post#17 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:11 pm

Just in time lol...Just started rebuilding my Library.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#18 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:53 pm

sonikkublue
rebel

Post#19 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:25 pm

finally! was absolutely stoked seeing this scroll by on twitter, totally loading it up on the gdemu once given the chance. i actually didn't even realize there was a localized version on wii until looking at the romhacking page for it, which is interesting; hope chaos field and karous get the same treatment considering those got localized on wii as well

fraggle200
chill

Post#20 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:53 am

sonikkublue wrote:finally! was absolutely stoked seeing this scroll by on twitter, totally loading it up on the gdemu once given the chance. i actually didn't even realize there was a localized version on wii until looking at the romhacking page for it, which is interesting; hope chaos field and karous get the same treatment considering those got localized on wii as well

Karous has already been translated and @Ateam done Chaos Field yesterday.

Karous is in here:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=13803

Chaos Field
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=15182