Marvel VS. Capcom 2 TheWhiteDevil27 Mix

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

TheWhiteDevil27
undertow

Marvel VS. Capcom 2 TheWhiteDevil27 Mix

Post#1 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:03 pm

Prepatched CDI here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jdWidW ... sp=sharing
This is my very first true romhack of sorts. This is version 1 so there will be a few hiccups here and there that I may fix in version 2 like the non-looping music and such but I hope you guys enjoy this.
And here's the link to the PalMod palettes that I've made for this MVC2 mix:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Marvel VS. Capcom 2 TheWhiteDevil27 Mix

Post#2 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:13 pm

what format is the music if adx you can make it loop using the real sega sdk tool not opensrc

ShindouGo
Power Stone

Post#3 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:49 pm

For those who want to make mods and remixes of the MVC2 game, you have a good community here :

https://www.facebook.com/groups/225390227577999

TheWhiteDevil27
undertow

Post#4 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:00 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:what format is the music if adx you can make it loop using the real sega sdk tool not opensrc

There's a real SEGA SDK tool for looping adx files?! Where can I find it?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#5 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:07 pm

You need the docs it's commandline drop a wav file on the exe it will convert it to proper sega sdk adx
Attachments
adxencd[converter].rar
(47.15 KiB) Downloaded 197 times

TheWhiteDevil27
undertow

Post#6 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:34 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:You need the docs it's commandline drop a wav file on the exe it will convert it to proper sega sdk adx

Thanks for the advice. However, the files still do not loop. I used Format Factory to convert my MP3 files to wav by the way. So, how do make it so my audio files loop? Am I using the wrong WAV to MP3 converter?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#7 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:37 am

here is every thing you need

You’re going to need to install an audio program called “Goldwave”. This program makes it easy to obtain sample numbers (needed for looping) and other useful things, as well as having support for most audio codecs.

To get the sample numbers, click “Set” in Goldwave and click on “sample-based”. The blue handles you can drag on audio files in this program will set the loop points.

If saving the audio as a .wav and putting it into the converter shows the sample number “36”, you need to save the file as an Apple .aiff. This is essentially the same as a PCM Wav file.

ADX files tend to be a but quieter than the original volume, so be careful of how quiet your file is. ADXs are around 3 dB (lower than) quieter than normal sound files.

4.2 Loop Settings
In ADX format, setting loops at any sampling points is possible.
Select an encode file to set loops, and either double click or click the loop setting button. Then a loop setting window like below is displayed:
image031.jpg
image031.jpg (10.94 KiB) Viewed 5238 times

Fig. 4.2 Loop Setting Window
The following explains about each radio button functions:
(1) None:
Sets to No loop settings.
(2) Looping All:
Sets to loop the entire file.
(3) Setting of Loop Points by Sample :
Sets the beginning and the end of loop sample points.
Playback range starts from the beginning sample point and ends at the last sample point before the end sample point.
To illustrate, a loop setting for 10 through 1000 samples in the Voice48a.aif file is done.

It will be shown like the following:
image033.jpg

more steps then you think but this works perfect if you read all the docs info included with this

Use loop all in the setting if you dont want to do it manual
Attachments
adx_converter_player.rar
(3.34 MiB) Downloaded 205 times

TheWhiteDevil27
undertow

Post#8 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:45 am

Update: I used Cloudconvert to convert my Mp3 to files to wav and used the ConvertAll.bat file that came with the selfboot zip from Zachd's website and my music files still don't loop.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#9 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:48 am

this is gui for the first one as you need to do that all command line other wise or it would not work

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#10 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:49 am

TheWhiteDevil27 wrote:Update: I used Cloudconvert to convert my Mp3 to files to wav and used the ConvertAll.bat file that came with the selfboot zip from Zachd's website and my music files still don't loop.

I say which program to use above one you have the wav file.. it will and does but you have to follow all the steps and use the above if you dont set loop points course it will not loop

You’re going to need to install an audio program called “Goldwave”. This program makes it easy to obtain sample numbers (needed for looping) and other useful things, as well as having support for most audio codecs.

To get the sample numbers, click “Set” in Goldwave and click on “sample-based”. The blue handles you can drag on audio files in this program will set the loop points.

making looping ADX files not drag drop easy thing to do the dreamcast reads the loop points in the ADX with out them it will not work