New English translation project: Rainbow Cotton

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

ateam
Heroine Console

Re: New English translation project: Rainbow Cotton

Post#31 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:27 pm

mistamontiel wrote:Shit I now attempted but it choked n returned to the MODE interface

Not only this but there is never no way I've ever been able of saving my own inputted codes to GS nor CB ={ Not even Espiral enlighten me as to how make CB behave

If there a invincibility option for your Rainbow Cotton CDI I would be extremely grateful, please shoot me your Paypal

A friend of mine was able to get this to work with MODE and GameShark. He says:

I entered the code in GS, saved, reset the DC, then queued up the GS disc and Rainbow Cotton.
And launched it. Once it asked to put in the disc, I hit SW2.
And hit ok.
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube
• Discord: derek.ateam

Dirge Of Ram
Graffiti Grind

Post#32 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:29 am

You can play this on the SD Card Adaptor with Retrodream 2020.

First you must use the Batch GDI Optimisator on the GDI then place within your Game Folder of course.

Use this setting Memory 0X8C000100 Sync 16 Loader 11

The Anime FMVs are watchable with the lag but thanks to the subtitles very funny scenes. I got up to Cloud City wish there was a lock on and out zoom the character model abit. Good to play though.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#33 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:05 pm

MY MAN!! Sorry took me months but finally I've burnt+tested this and all swell I even seeing boss! Especially the codebreaker-cbloader.rar this CB actually is seamless one disc and detects+works the MIL-CDs!!!!!!

Why wouldn't that ever appear on TiZ!? Also invincibility code working too although all the same I will never be able to save codes always must re-enter every boot-up!

ateam
Heroine Console

Post#34 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:10 am

Are there any users of the CDI who burned to disc that can say they've also experienced this?

https://github.com/DerekPascarella/Rain ... t/issues/2

I had someone submit a bug report stating the following:

Code: Select all

Sometimes the music gets stuck on a short ~1 second loop that persists until the next track starts.
Not a big deal, but has happened to me a few times.
I'm playing on a Japanese Dreamcast using a burned CD-R of the 1.0 release.

BTW thanks for the awesome translation! I'm actually really enjoying this game. The controls aren't so bad when you get used to them.

My response was as follows:

Code: Select all

Thank you for submitting this report and letting me know. I haven't heard similar from any other CD-R users, nor seen it in any playthrough streams done by CD-R users. I can't say for sure, but it might be your burn media to blame, or even your GD-ROM drive.

While the issue could be with the patch itself, to be fair there never was an "official" CDI release. This game (along with most of my other Dreamcast translation patches) was released to target GDIs. However, as an added bonus I like to build a CDI and get it out into the community, that way players can enjoy it even if they don’t have an ODE. As a result, the CDI version is sometimes not fully tested, which I indicate at the time of release.

That said, several people told me they played it in its entirety without issue, so I considered the CDI version stable. I'll take a look at it again, though. It's possible the audio tracks can be further optimized for CD-R, which means downsampled to lower quality.
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube
• Discord: derek.ateam

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#35 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:16 pm