Thinking of modding a DC...

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

DaiNew
undertow

Thinking of modding a DC...

Post#1 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:58 pm

Hi all

I'm thinking of buying a second DC to mod out, potentially with GDemu and a few other things. Before I go down this rabbit hole and start spending cash, I'd appreciate your thoughts on which mods are genuinely worth it, what they should cost and any good places to go to buy pieces (I'm in the UK).

If anyone wants to show off and share their own modded DC for inspiration then please crack on.

DaiNew

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Re: Thinking of modding a DC...

Post#2 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:12 pm

This is not really the right forum. The Modifications section is for game modifications that are released. ;)

That being said. A cheap easy one I like to do is replace the plastic thumbstick with a PS4 rubberized one. It is literally almost a direct drop in replacement. Only difference is that you need to SLOWLY file down 2mm off of the plastic peg the thumbstick slides onto. After that, you will have far more grip in game.

Not sure how much the overclock mod costs as I was gifted my current Dreamcast by a close friend. But an overclock mod is great for certain titles. Even some games you may thin k would not have any slwodown do. Test Drive 6 is one game where the overclock takes it from having minor slwodown at spots to being 100% full speed no slowdown. Soldier of Fortune has some slwodown on the 2nd stage with the train and helicopter, using the 20% overclock mod removes performance issues. Some emulators benefit from the higher clock speed as well.

DaiNew
undertow

Re: Thinking of modding a DC...

Post#3 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:35 am

Ah yeah I can see now that this is absolutely not the right place for this. Apologies all! But thank you for the feedback all the same

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk