OpenTyrian Sound fix speed fix Powered by SDL_DREAMHAL Upport kos2.0

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: OpenTyrian Sound fix speed fix Powered by SDL_DREAMHAL Upport kos2.0

Post#11 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:37 am

megavolt85 wrote:yes the video in my assembly works much worse than in yours
As for the modem, I'm afraid I can't do anything, I don't know what exactly is broken in KOS, but the problem is definitely in it, because even the built-in examples do not work through the modem

for music, I use ADPCM with loading via DMA channel, and all sfx are stored in sound memory and use different channels for playback, that is, I do not programmatically mix all channels into one

I am attaching the corrected source code, note that you need to replace several files in KOS and rebuild it, this will expand the functionality of KOS

opentyrian-2.1.20130907_SRC.7z

Brilliant ADCMP is the way to go for speed.. me ether we need to fix modem support
shu seems to have it working on doom and quake world
could you talk to him on how and have a community fix and see if we can all make modem connect homebrew?

Yes the examples dont connect for me ether but bluecrab said there all fine?

Thanks megavolt be great to work on a new project together sometime letting you know on kos2.0 now we have corrected vram in gldc with over 5.8mb when booted every opengl before only had 4mb :) fix is public now and been pushed thanks to kazade i was bang on about how it did not add up since 2004 lol it means all opengl projects and pvr now have over 5mb to use clean not 4mb

Pvrbuffer.c has been just wrong and broken since the start
By kazade fixes below for kos2.0
https://github.com/KallistiOS/KallistiO ... _buffers.c
https://github.com/KallistiOS/KallistiO ... internal.h

As you would know before if using opengl when booted it only had 4mb vram we now have 5.8vram

Fantastic thank you :) I was going to go with cdda for this but i got the speed up enff i did not have to..

megavolt85
Developer

Post#12 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:59 am

Ian Micheal wrote:Yes the examples dont connect for me ether but bluecrab said there all fine?

bluecrab always says everything is fine, even when SWAT pointed out an error in the g1ata code to him, bluecrab said that nothing needs to be changed because everything works fine :lol:

be sure to add my changes for KOS, they will allow you to read GDI images and when reading into a 32-byte-aligned buffer, fast DMA reads will be used instead of slow PIO

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#13 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:20 am

megavolt85 wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:Yes the examples dont connect for me ether but bluecrab said there all fine?

bluecrab always says everything is fine, even when SWAT pointed out an error in the g1ata code to him, bluecrab said that nothing needs to be changed because everything works fine :lol:

be sure to add my changes for KOS, they will allow you to read GDI images and when reading into a 32-byte-aligned buffer, fast DMA reads will be used instead of slow PIO

Thanks man i will for sure :shock: :o :D

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#14 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:34 am

If people have not included the work of moop in there projects your losing out

whole memory routine replacements up to 4x faster then what in kos which for 2d blitting is like a turbo boost..

also fast matrix math vector much faster fdiv sh4 asm

I saved this before it was all deleted it was months of and months of work he did it can never be lost now..

Check sh4math.h and all the MEMSCPY and other routines :)
Attachments
DreamHAL-2020-05-13.zip
(102.23 KiB) Downloaded 221 times

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#15 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:39 pm

I try the game I very like it.
Thanks for the good work.

I'm asking to myself, what console the game is from ?
It looks like an amiga game, but i guess it's an other hardware.

megavolt85
Developer

Post#16 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:41 pm

fafadou wrote:I'm asking to myself, what console the game is from ?

it's PC game

willis
letterbomb

Post#17 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:25 am

So things are looking very good with SDL_DreamHAL and Kos2.0 ! Would this mean other older games/projects would greatly benefit from these updates? It is so interesting to see what has transpired in the DC dev the past couple of years.

Thanks to you all!

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#18 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:03 am

All I can say is 'WOW!'
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#19 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:32 am

willis wrote:So things are looking very good with SDL_DreamHAL and Kos2.0 ! Would this mean other older games/projects would greatly benefit from these updates? It is so interesting to see what has transpired in the DC dev the past couple of years.

Thanks to you all!

Yes they would pretty much all of them.. Just let me get all the docs written and src uploaded it make it easy for people to update these or port new things.. also included is working SDL+OPENGL as well..

SDL port left in kos2.0 is pretty much rubbish..

This been my main project i have been working on is these api's nothing flashy to see but the blit speed speaks for it self ..

There is no working stereo SDL_mixer included in kos2.0 i needed to fix the threading and acia code in both the base and the other to get this to function correct.. With out that it just keeps threads around and over time leaks memory..

This is future proofing old projects with out the need to use old kos and crusty old compiler to work on them..

It has been a lot of work testing and getting rid of the deprecated code in SDL this has all the power of sdl1.2.9 that powered neo4all and other things but now working on kos2.0 maple threading etc.. anyways I try outline all the fixes and why you should use this chuck the sdl port that comes with kos in the bin..