Resident Evil 2 Dreamcast Modding

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

CORE316
photon blast

Re: Resident Evil 2 Dreamcast Modding

Post#81 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:36 pm

I have to say I understand both sides of argument and respect you both the amount of effort and time to build these mods but would you guys not consider working togather acknowledge each others work and I would like to join you myself when I can get up to speed :-)

Nothing to do with me just like to see peeps work togather.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#82 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:16 pm

As a Battlefield 2 historical total conversion modder who has released 3 mods so far since 2016, I do get both sides. In the BF2 modding community as long as you haven't released something yet, only showing gameplay it is fine. Do you know how many people make private mods they never share for BF2? People take Project Reality, and Forgotten Hope 2 content and mod them into personal mods, which are by far the 2 most high profile mods. Thing is, they just can never upload them and share it without permission. Only Project Reality gives permission for the most part, Forgotten Hope 2 never does. They just do not operate like that.

Anyways, point I am trying to make, is that GreenRanger hasn't actually released anything yet, so no need to get all bent out of shape about. No harm no foul. Going forward we can all agree that there should be better precautions going into the future. I also would hate for him to work on something and release it just to get a modder to say take it down.

My mods do use content from others, with permission, but we also make and produce hundreds of our own things as well. I don't call that stealing. Stealing is a harsh word with bad connotations. I never steal content from other mods, I borrow or am shared it with permission of course, and myself and my many team members do share content back with those mods who helped us out.

Anyways, just my 2 cents. The more people helping the Dreamcast community to grow and giving more gameplay experiences such as modding is really welcomed. I have been saying it for years, but one day I will FINALLY learn the Half-Life engine and start porting over more singleplayer PC mods, or work on some all new ones if I can find time to finish up my WW2 and Korean War mods for Battlefield 2. Too many projects actively on my plate to start any more. But we need more HL mods for sure!

J0shuaKane
shadow

Post#83 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:18 pm

Green Ranger wrote:If you felt using the Zombie kids was theft, as previously stated that was not the intention.
Maybe I over-reacted a little.

If you want, we can talk this out in private messages.

I like the way you incorporated them into the story.

Green Ranger
killer

Post#84 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:48 pm

Being that RE2 was difficult to run/emulate in the past due to being a WinCE game, what's the current status of its playability across various Dreamcast related platforms? I currently use MakaronEX and the Redream emulator on PC to play(test) newly created CDIs since it plays very well on both, and if I'm not using either then its optical discs on the console itself. What of the other options?

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#85 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:51 pm

I think Demul supported WinCE. I think I tried Half-Life on it in the past. It ran well.

Edit: I see FlyCast also supports them. The creator of the thread below even mentions using it for RE2.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/you-ca ... ce.140106/

Green Ranger
killer

Post#86 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:53 pm

Anthony817 wrote:I think Demul supported WinCE. I think I tried Half-Life on it in the past. It ran well.

Edit: I see FlyCast also supports them. The creator of the thread below even mentions using it for RE2.

I'm actually surprised a person on that thread states Demul runs with little to no problems for them- it's always runs too slowly for me.

I'm experiencing more issues with YouTube/Google, so I had to create a new channel. I'll be reuploading some (but not all) of my older videos to my new channel here- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEzvJ7EUnt1KcXD0n-ItpTg

If you guys and gals are subscribers to my original channel, feel free to subscribe to my new one as new content will now be posted there. My old account shall remain online for the time being, for archival purposes.
Last edited by Green Ranger on Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#87 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:57 pm

Cool I will sub to it now.

Yeah Demul definitely needs higher specs to run the same games as something like NullDC. I was emulating Dreamcast way back in 2008 on an old dual core and it ran much better considering the lower specs.

cloofoofoo
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#88 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:49 am

Green Ranger wrote:
Anthony817 wrote:I think Demul supported WinCE. I think I tried Half-Life on it in the past. It ran well.

I'm actually surprised a person on that thread states Demul runs with little to no problems for them- it's always runs too slowly for me.

I'm experiencing more issues with YouTube/Google, so I had to create a new channel. I'll be reuploading some (but not all) of my older videos to my new channel here- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEzvJ7EUnt1KcXD0n-ItpTg

If you guys and gals are subscribers to my original channel, feel free to subscribe to my new one as new content will now be posted there. My old account shall remain online for the time being, for archival purposes.

Demul already requires higher specs run katana games than say nulldc. It gets even worse for wince games. You might even run naomi 2 games smoother than wince.

In short all that means your specs arent beefy enough for it.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#89 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:57 am

cloofoofoo wrote:
Green Ranger wrote:

Demul already requires higher specs run katana games than say nulldc. It gets even worse for wince games. You might even run naomi 2 games smoother than wince.

In short all that means your specs arent beefy enough for it.

Demul also emulates the pvr more complete so not fudging like nulldc or the others.. I have no problems on 2013 pc with pretty good specs i guess

But i can run up to 4k

Do you have the updated demul from the russian forum or the old crap one 2018 and up.. only emulator out of all of them to emulate lot of pvr hardware features..

Green Ranger
killer

Post#90 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:36 am

Ian Micheal wrote:Demul also emulates the pvr more complete so not fudging like nulldc or the others.. I have no problems on 2013 pc with pretty good specs i guess

But i can run up to 4k

Do you have the updated demul from the russian forum or the old crap one 2018 and up.. only emulator out of all of them to emulate lot of pvr hardware features..

The latest version I have is 0.7, build date April 28 2018. If there's a newer release out there I'd be interested in trying it, please let me know where I can snag it. :)