New RUN=DIM as Black Soul English translation!

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Rolly
letterbomb

New RUN=DIM as Black Soul English translation!

Post#1 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:59 am

After the work is completed and the patch for Blue Submarine no.6 ~Time & Tide~ has been released, we announce another new translation project from Japanese to English!

This time it will be a turn-based strategy game with giant mecha - RUN = DIM as Black Soul from Idea Factory and Yuki for SEGA Dreamcast.
Due to other life responsibilities, the speed and pace of work depends on the campaign on Paypal - https://www.paypal.com/pools/c/8vewcZI96R or https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_bu ... 64JW4BUNVU

It is possible that there will be some bonuses, the project website will also be launched soon (as for other T-ENG games) at http://sega.c0.pl/romhacking_mods_translation.html

Keep fingers crossed and spread the good news ;)
Last edited by Rolly on Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

xzer0PL
rebel

Re: New RUN=DIM as Black Soul English translation!

Post#2 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:25 am

No, no. Nawet nie wiedziałem że Japonia dostała tyle ciekawych tytułów. Trzymam kciuki jak zawsze.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#3 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:58 am

I really didn't know this one :-)

why did you chose this one instead of a sakura taisen for example.
What do you like in this game ? :-)

Very nice project, a very huge again.
I wish you success.

Rolly
letterbomb

Post#4 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:09 am

Sakura Wars is a multi-disc game with multiple endings and more text than some RPGs or visual novels.
It is too big a project for 2 people (especially as our main language is not Japanese or English ^^).
I don't want to get stuck with it for a few years + fixes and tests :)

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#5 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:46 pm

Wow this one looks interesting. While I am not a big fan of turn based games due to my ADHD disorder(too slow for me and I get too distracted easily), I can appreciate it and the work you have done. I did play the Advanced War 2001 translation some though, in fact I was the one who originally released the .cdi of it back after Nebelwerfer put his patch out. So I am definitely interested in giving this one a go when you finish it.

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#6 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:22 pm

Wow this is cool!

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Post#7 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:08 pm

Awesome

Vermillon desert (I think that's the name) is another turned based game that seems to be really interesting if you wanna do more projects.

Think someone started to translate it but lost interest in finishing it.

ateam
Heroine Console

Post#8 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:12 pm

Thank you for your hard work! People like you inspired me to get into the Dreamcast translation scene. More coming from me and others soon, as well!
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube
• Discord: derek.ateam

Rolly
letterbomb

Post#9 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:00 am

ateam wrote:Thank you for your hard work! People like you inspired me to get into the Dreamcast translation scene. More coming from me and others soon, as well!

Thanks for kind words. We are waiting for more of your projects and the completion of NGE. ;)

FlorreW wrote:Awesome

Vermillon desert (I think that's the name) is another turned based game that seems to be really interesting if you wanna do more projects.

Think someone started to translate it but lost interest in finishing it.

I completed Vermilion Desert a few times, the game is really good, but! it's based on a haf-width font. Too much work for me.
I care about projects that can be finished, and not those that last forever...
I always check the amount of text, graphics, etc. and possibly finish the game earlier - it makes planning easier.

RUN=DIM is not a very long game, but a demanding one. Much depends on the strategy, customization, terrain etc.

Krootox1986
letterbomb

Post#10 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:16 am

Just donated. Good luck!