Dreamcast Media Center 352x240 Movie Trailer showcase[60FPS][With plainfiles demo video Youtube

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Roareye
Rank 9

Re: Dreamcast Media Center 352x240 Movie Trailer showcase[60FPS][With plainfiles demo video Youtube

Post#21 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:58 pm

ateam wrote:Here you go:

DreamMovie.cdi
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17WSM9J ... sp=sharing

Last quick question before returning to discussing DCMC, is DreamMovie region free with the VCDs it accepts? I have a PAL VCD (There weren't many of them made) and it works perfectly on a PAL Saturn with a PAL MPEG card, but on a Japanese Saturn with a Japanese MPEG Card it plays but some of the black levels turn a bold green. Is DreamMovie region free, or is it Japanese/Korean VCD only?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Dreamcast Media Center 352x240 Movie Trailer showcase[60FPS][With plainfiles demo video Youtube

Post#22 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:59 pm

ateam wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:what is this? Ok yes this is wince devkit sample that has nothing to do with my project but it can be launched from DCMC

I know, but it was related to this message I posted as it relates to a question about VCD playback on the Dreamcast:
https://www.dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=13857&p=142873#p142869

Indeed like i said this can be launched from DCMC and used as well if needed so thanks for the upload :)

DCMC is the only homebrew launcher that can run wince games or apps..

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#23 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:00 pm

Roareye wrote:

DreamMovie.cdi

Last quick question before returning to discussing DCMC, is DreamMovie region free with the VCDs it accepts? I have a PAL VCD (There weren't many of them made) and it works perfectly on a PAL Saturn with a PAL MPEG card, but on a Japanese Saturn with a Japanese MPEG Card it plays but some of the black levels turn a bold green. Is DreamMovie region free, or is it Japanese/Korean VCD only?

Have no idea if thats the case If wanted i can included it in dcmc as well that way you have it all in one..

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#24 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:02 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:
Roareye wrote:

DreamMovie.cdi

Have no idea if thats the case If wanted i can included it in dcmc as well that way you have it all in one..

Ohh, yes please :D We'd firstly need to hex edit the DreamMovie software so it works with the Dreamcast controller. But once that's done it'd be a perfect addition to the DCMC software :D

ateam
Animated Violence

Post#25 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:03 pm

Roareye wrote:Last quick question before returning to discussing DCMC, is DreamMovie region free with the VCDs it accepts? I have a PAL VCD (There weren't many of them made) and it works perfectly on a PAL Saturn with a PAL MPEG card, but on a Japanese Saturn with a Japanese MPEG Card it plays but some of the black levels turn a bold green. Is DreamMovie region free, or is it Japanese/Korean VCD only?

Yes, DreamMovie is region-free. I have many PAL VCDs and they work without issue.
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube
• Discord: derek.ateam

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#26 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:07 pm

Sounds like a cool little mini project :) In the past i also ported the abilty to watch ps1 and ps2 fmv to dreamcast i can all this in time if people wanted ps1 you dont need to include ps2 is a pain the backside and needs many steps and real old tools

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#27 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:55 pm

So here's the wierd part of this program vcd mp3 player the mp3 part is wince the vcd part is katana lmao.. i can get the mp3 part to work vcd part cant work it's katana.. So this some kinda wierd ass hybrid katana wince loader program how strange

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#28 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:09 pm

Lot of work still to do major parts are plays 352x240 and does not crash playing large 500mb plus files sync might prolly will get behind video does not slow down sound does.. still working on how to make sure acia is fast enff to keep up.. Sh4 idct asm is working first time etc.. If you encode with mp2 and xvid it's forced sync

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#29 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:13 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:So here's the wierd part of this program vcd mp3 player the mp3 part is wince the vcd part is katana lmao.. i can get the mp3 part to work vcd part cant work it's katana.. So this some kinda wierd ass hybrid katana wince loader program how strange

So I've looked up wince, and it's Windows CE, so I understand that's basically old school Windows coding.

As far as Katana is concerned, you say the VCD part doesn't work because it is Katana. By not work, do you mean you can't add it to the DCMC? If it's a hybrid loader do you not have a way of adding the loader too? Would you need a Dreamcast Katana Development System in order to work on it (including altering the controls)?

In regards to your DCMC video player, and sync slowing down, might it be easier to render films in chunks? So break a movie up into 20-30 minute segments and have the DCMC read disc numbers on the files to determine that it should auto-play the next file? Early DVDs did this (as well as having to turn over the disc itself).

ateam
Animated Violence

Post#30 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:15 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:So here's the wierd part of this program vcd mp3 player the mp3 part is wince the vcd part is katana lmao.. i can get the mp3 part to work vcd part cant work it's katana.. So this some kinda wierd ass hybrid katana wince loader program how strange

Oh wow, that's so interesting! I always assumed WinCE's MPEG-1 decoding libraries were used for VCD playback with this accessory. Nice to know the truth, thanks for looking into it.
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube
• Discord: derek.ateam