Dreamcast Media Center 352x240 Movie Trailer showcase[60FPS][With plainfiles demo video Youtube

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Dreamcast Media Center 352x240 Movie Trailer showcase[60FPS][With plainfiles demo video Youtube

Post#41 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:17 am

dave_van_damn wrote:Ian, does DCMC allow for playing commercial VCD discs? Is it possible to insert a VCD after booting DCMC and play it back? Thanks for all your hard work!

No it's for encoding and using xvid sfd mpeg 2 and mpeg 1 etc

It plans to support much higher spec then vcd when i get the time to debug things media center so launching making custom disks theme for emulators etc till movie play back is sorted sound is always a problem we have hardware gpu rendering here but sound is a problem on most dreamcast things..

think of this like xbmc in the making

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Dreamcast Media Center 352x240 Movie Trailer showcase[60FPS][With plainfiles demo video Youtube

Post#42 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:15 am

example the above release works correct on demul no stutter but on hardware the sound stutters so there is some bug error on hardware that's not on dc emulators I know with a lot time this can be fixed

TheWhiteDevil27
undertow

Post#43 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:10 pm

How do I make my own selfboot CDI of a movie using this program?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#44 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:47 pm

Like any other homebrew bootdreams all these need encoding with Xilisoft and this WIP so movies get out of sync at the moment.. or stutter on real hardware plays perfect on dc emulators etc..

not ready to watch movies on

TheWhiteDevil27
undertow

Post#45 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:02 am

Ian Micheal wrote:Like any other homebrew bootdreams all these need encoding with Xilisoft and this WIP so movies get out of sync at the moment.. or stutter on real hardware plays perfect on dc emulators etc..

not ready to watch movies on

ok

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Post#46 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:41 am

It's this one working in Dreamshell IDE HDD?
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

KmusDC
fire

Post#47 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:18 am

Ian Micheal wrote:
Set youtube to 60fps 720p
My capture messed up in a few places it's a new cheap one sorry for that
I have been working on this product for about 6 months now..
code created by Josh PH3NOM Pearson Now with 352x240 playback and video sync for Gdemu Up to 2gb of movies on the one cdi image.. box art movie soundtrack theme-able Flac mp3 ac3 adx sfd mpeg2 mpeg1 Dvix4 Dvix5 Xvid

Movies For Xvid for the first time can be 352x240 600 bit rate 64k stereo 44khz sound this keeps every thing in sync

Up to 60fps
Video can be very highbitrate but not sound the ACIA chip in the dreamcast is up to 4x slower then the pvr video chip this is hardware rendering is not software so framesize res size is limited by vram not system ram..

Opengl pvr storeques optimized
Circular buffer
Hardware pvr gui not software

Videos now have no playtime length

Must use Xilsoft Encoder
Xvid 352x240
Ac3 audio 64kb stereo 44khz

Now with Trans fonts no black bars around the text any more like the original release

Now with menu music a first for this center
In the folder called music the file theme.ogg you would change this for your own menu back ground music it stops and starts and loops
when you play a movie it clears shuts down and when you stop a movie it starts up with out problem this was more work then
i wanted to be..
It works and is one of the only theme-able movie music photo viewer launches with background menu music on dreamcast..
If not the only one..
MMU pointer cache for safe-ness no more crashing playing movies
Clears cache after each movie

Many months work optimizing now using sh4dct asm for Xvid play-back and sh4 math DreamHAL moop

Beta 3.5 internal so many problems still might be around

Music playback is the best on dreamcast soundwize clear no static skipping HQ HIGH BITRATE
Flac
acc
mp3
mp4a
mp2

Homebrew launcher any unscambled bin
Will load wince games as well

Src release and github update will follow soon it's at a point were it's a major step forward from the orginal src

Download of plain files with movie trailers
https://mega.nz/file/nZhwhJhD#fuwgCd31e ... caoulp99RA
Dreamshell SD card version will follow

I have optimized many emulators and homebrew that use this as a base and can launch from and return with no reboot..

Lots of new features will be added this year ...

Excellent work Ian, bro will this work for SDcard with RetroDream?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#48 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:32 am

It will but limited to 4x or 656 total bitrate of the sd card same thing have to unscrambled the 1st_read.bin which i sometimes dont call it that cant remember what i named it in this..

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Post#49 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:56 am

I tested this DCMC in RetroDream HDD but have no option to load from HDD !?
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#50 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:35 am

Ro Magnus Larsson wrote:I tested this DCMC in RetroDream HDD but have no option to load from HDD !?

What do you mean?