NHL 2K2 Roster Editing?

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

jlnhlfan
rebel

NHL 2K2 Roster Editing?

Post#1 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:28 am

I've seen various roster editors for the NHL 2K games, but they're all for the post-Dreamcast titles. Is there a way I'd be able to edit the rosters of the last Dreamcast game released in North America, NHL 2K2, without going into the game itself? If so, what tools could I use? Not only that, but if there was a way to edit game graphics, that would be pretty useful for me as well, as I like to import and replace graphics into NHL video games.

zychion
rebel

Re: NHL 2K2 Roster Editing?

Post#2 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:50 pm

If you find a way to do this, I'd love to find a way to support you.

jlnhlfan
rebel

Post#3 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:15 pm

That's exactly why I posted this- because I can't find a way to do this.

zychion
rebel

Post#4 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:17 am

I can delete a few things of my main VMU later tonight. Then I can make a custom character and maybe a custom roster and then save it as a raw file on my PC and upload them. See if hex editing the files will make any sense?

JKD32332
rebel

Post#5 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:05 am

Any progress with this? I would love to see if this is possible with NBA 2K/2K1/2K2 as well. Just want to see if I can edit player's positions (for example Vince Carter is a SG and I would love to change him to a SF.), and also wanted to see if it was possible to add headbands to a player (for exmaple: Baron Davis, Darius Miles, and Vince Carter in the Playoffs, etc). Would love to know if there's any progress with this. Thanks.

jlnhlfan
rebel

Post#6 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:53 pm

Oh, sorry. I almost forgot about this thread. Also, it looks like hex editing the roster file only shows the custom players built into the game.

JKD32332
rebel

NHL 2K2 Roster Editing?

Post#7 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:14 pm

jlnhlfan wrote:Oh, sorry. I almost forgot about this thread. Also, it looks like hex editing the roster file only shows the custom players built into the game.

So, not the existing players in the game? Do you think you can see what you can find when hex editing NBA 2K1 please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jlnhlfan
rebel

Post#8 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:51 pm

Yeah, I can't hex edit the existing players. In the case of NBA 2K1, as you can see here, I can only see a handful of player names- some of which are even cut off.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 8.49.38 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 8.49.29 PM.png

JKD32332
rebel

Post#9 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:35 am

jlnhlfan wrote:Yeah, I can't hex edit the existing players. In the case of NBA 2K1, as you can see here, I can only see a handful of player names- some of which are even cut off.

Wow. I was told that editing models was something that could be done. I didn’t know how, but I thought hex editing would be the way I could add headbands to players that didn’t have any and/or change their positions from one position to another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jlnhlfan
rebel

Post#10 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:31 pm

I don't know where you got THAT info from. Also, I tried using PVRTool and PVRViewer in the hopes of updating logos. {Problem is, both tools say they're either not PVR files or unsupported file types, when in reality, they are indeed PVR files.

Return to “Modifications”