Skies of Arcadia uncensored version

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Julink
shadow

Re: Skies of Arcadia uncensored version

Post#111 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:32 am

There is someone who would also like to fix this, we could use some help

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15830

Edit : Is this where I need to change? https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=22/34/gcbq.png

Miottolo
noob

Post#112 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:43 am

fafadou wrote:We didn't make it, you can compare 1st_read.bin and 1st_read.bin patch and remove it directly in the uncensored version.

Sorry to bother you but I have a question and maybe you can help me.
I'm playing the NTSC original (retail discs I mean) version of the game on the Dreamcast.
Unfortunately the TV I'm currently playing doesn't have VGA input and the game outputs only in shitty composite, since with RGB cable make a black screen.
I saw your version of the game has RGB unlocked. I know there is patch that does this to the USA version, but is there a way that maybe you can create a cheat code for whoever uses the retail game? I know someone time ago converted the PAL patch (the one that enables VGA on PAL game) to a cheat code, so I thought that maybe someone could have done the same with the RGB patch but I didn't find anything.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#113 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:22 pm

No there is no patch I'm sorry for US version. Else I don't know how to do.

You can play the PAL one, all version are unzoned.

Miottolo
noob

Post#114 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:01 pm

fafadou wrote:No there is no patch I'm sorry for US version. Else I don't know how to do.

You can play the PAL one, all version are unzoned.

Sorry... In the first post you wrote

fafadou wrote:
[EDIT2] And now the US version uncensored !
Here the US uncensored version :
English speech :
https://1fichier.com/?1j2ya7f81zp1gnuclmwa
the new jap version :
https://1fichier.com/?ehkeu2sy9jqgn7e3ehrh

This version has good intro in both vga and rgb, and better musics that I may read, but the files are the same than PAL for me...
If someone has the 16/9 widescreen hex code I'll add it.

That's why I thought that you enable RGB in the NTSC version. I'm not going to switch to the PAL version and also my Dreamcast is stock, don't have any way to play .GDI disc image. I'm almost at the end of the game now. I'll just play in composite for the rest of the game.
I was playing in VGA with another TV but now I moved some stuff so is a bit messy.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#115 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:25 pm

Don't be sorry, I tried the game via "peritel" and vga but it was on my led tv. Just the beginning but it was good. I'm not very aware about all video signals...

You can run it well with a dreamshell dongle in gdi format.

Hope you'll enjoy the game anyway.

amcpartymix
undertow

Post#116 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:29 pm

Hey, I just want to say thank you to all who made this mod. I just gave the US version a try and made it to Sailor's Island. However, I noticed a piece of censorship that still exists. The weapons dealer seems to still be using a toothpick in his mouth instead of the cigar in the Japanese version. I included a picture of the cigar version if you'd like to see it. Just wanted to give a heads up if it's something you'd like to change!

https://imgur.com/B36rOKN

EDIT: Also, Polly's lipstick is more exaggerated in the Japanese version if that's something you'd like to change as well.

https://imgur.com/mK8nLVA

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#117 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:18 pm

For Polly we choose to keep the Pal model because it looks that an improvement one for us and not a censored one.

I'll check for the weapon dealer, thank you very much.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#118 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:33 pm

:mrgreen: Update coming soon

amcpartymix
undertow

Post#119 » Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:12 pm

fafadou wrote::mrgreen: Update coming soon

Nice, looking forward to it!

Quick question, part of your patch notes you mention that all but one scene of Dyne has the cigar in his mouth. Could you tell me which scene that is and why he doesn't have it? Was that how the Japanese version was?

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#120 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:50 am

amcpartymix wrote:Quick question, part of your patch notes you mention that all but one scene of Dyne has the cigar in his mouth. Could you tell me which scene that is and why he doesn't have it? Was that how the Japanese version was?

The answer of @r3zn0 :

He has no Cigar in the scene where he is a prisoner in the empire's arena before being executed by the executioner. Vyse comes and saves him. He then finds him in the sewers where he has already recovered his cigar.
It's like that in the Japanese version too, which is quite logical considering the situation.
The developers had been careful with the details ;-)