Skies of Arcadia uncensored version

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

fafadou
Gold Lion

Re: Skies of Arcadia uncensored version

Post#101 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:41 pm

So it's a us version do you have try the other US version in english ? In order to see the result.

Your screen is good with other dreamcast games ?

Else Do you have any adjust screen in your menu ?

the_importer
noob

Post#102 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:39 pm

Hi again,

All of my other Dreamcast games work perfectly with my setup. That being said, I just tried the US English version of Skies of Arcadia and found out that I have the same problem, so this has nothing to do with the patching then. I've hooked my Dreamcast with composite cables instead of my SCART cable and everything works perfectly, so it would appear to be an issue with my SCART cable or SCART to component converter.

Guess I'll need to dig more into this.

Cheers

EDIT1: OK, I've been googling, the NA version of this game is not RGB compatible just like the PAL version is not VGA compatible. Oh well, still got the GameCube version I guess.
EDIT2: OK, I can use the PAL version on my NTSC Dreamcast thanks to the GDEMU, guess I'll stick with that then.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#103 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:53 am

the_importer wrote:OK, I can use the PAL version on my NTSC Dreamcast thanks to the GDEMU, guess I'll stick with that then.

Good ! Hope you'll enjoy it.

DarthMotzkus
shadow

Post#104 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:25 pm

the_importer wrote:Hi again,

All of my other Dreamcast games work perfectly with my setup. That being said, I just tried the US English version of Skies of Arcadia and found out that I have the same problem, so this has nothing to do with the patching then. I've hooked my Dreamcast with composite cables instead of my SCART cable and everything works perfectly, so it would appear to be an issue with my SCART cable or SCART to component converter.

Cheers

EDIT1: OK, I've been googling, the NA version of this game is not RGB compatible just like the PAL version is not VGA compatible. Oh well, still got the GameCube version I guess.
EDIT2: OK, I can use the PAL version on my NTSC Dreamcast thanks to the GDEMU, guess I'll stick with that then.

The US version patched from @fafadou IS compartible with RGB. i've been using a SCART cable on my NTSC-U Dreamcast running the UNDUB US version of Skies of Arcadia and works perfect. Even the PAL Undub .gdi one.
Probably your SCART to YPbPr converter is the problem. I own one converter from a local store, developed here in Brazil, named Retro Memory, and works fine. My Scart cable is C-Sync from Games Care, another local store here in my country.

DarthMotzkus
shadow

Post#105 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:09 pm

DarthMotzkus wrote:
the_importer wrote:Hi again,

Cheers

The US version patched from @fafadou IS compartible with RGB. i've been using a SCART cable on my NTSC-U Dreamcast running the UNDUB US version of Skies of Arcadia and works perfect. Even the PAL Undub .gdi one.
Probably your SCART to YPbPr converter is the problem. I own one converter from a local store, developed here in Brazil, named Retro Memory, and works fine. My Scart cable is C-Sync from Games Care, another local store here in my country.

UPDATE: INDEED the US version of UNCENSORED JAP Language DO NOT work with SCART in CRT, the sync is messed up, my last test was with the PAL version, my mistake, sorry @the_importer.

Julink
shadow

Post#106 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:57 am

Hello, there is a sound/image lag during the videos with the 60hz, is there a version with all the modifications without the 60hz? Otherwise I am looking for the uncensored pal version without other modifications.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#107 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:56 am

I never try the game in PAL 50Hz via peritel...

Julink
shadow

Post#108 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:00 am

No with an emulator, the problem is that the game runs at 30fps instead of 25 and creates sound lag problems in the videos.
Do you know where I can find the uncensored version without another patch?

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#109 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:10 am

We didn't make it, you can compare 1st_read.bin and 1st_read.bin patch and remove it directly in the uncensored version.

Julink
shadow

Post#110 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:59 am

Hum I don't have the level for that, I don't understand how to do that :(

Edit : do I have to open the track03.bin file of the uncensored version?