Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

fafadou
Gold Lion

Re: Skies of Arcadia uncensored version

Post#81 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:24 am

arcadia88 wrote:
I tried now the version from the first post here with two discs from this link:

https://1fichier.com/?hxgja8l3nu9a3sadrniz

Also the game has been stretched out from 4:3 to 16:9 which to me personally also is not an improvement and makes all the characters look like they need to work out more ;-)

I'm often absent minded, but the 1fichiers link must to be in 4:3 and mediafire in 16/9. It's @r3nz0 who have done them, so I'm very surprise there are in 16/9, check the main title please you have an issue on the both sides in 16/9.

arcadia88 wrote:I have absolutely no idea making these undubbed or uncensored versions of games but since this was now done for the PAL version of the game, shouldn't it be possible to apply the same changes to the NTSC version to have a proper version of an undubbed and uncensored Skies of Arcadia where the intro runs fine too?

This would be all I am looking for, the normal game in 4:3 with no other changes beside the voices and uncensored graphics :-)

The intro files are the same between US and PAL version, it's the 1st_read.bin which manages the speed, if you want to patch it, you need to know very very well assembler coding. Japanese_cake who had patch the PAL for vga, done an outstanding good job.
For patching the music speed @pitito did an incredible work, the music system is already so complicated to understand and patch.

We have chosen the PAL version for this project because of the 4 langages available instead only english for the us version.
I worked only ont the files that needed a patch, @r3nz0 managed the cook of uncensored jap files and PAL, you can compare PAL and uncensored PAL files that have been changed ; pick and put them in the US version. But even with that I'm not sure the ramirez blood file can be read by US game due to the 4 langages. If it isn't read by US, I explain on this topic how I did if you want to try.

For me the easier way is to watch the intro on youtube and skip it on the console, if you really want to enjoy the perfect one before playing.
I guess you can find it in HD.

SMiTH wrote:it never ends. :)

Yes we can still polish a project, and people has always good ideas. But until I understand how to unzip gamecube files, in order to build an ultimate version. I choose to focus on other dreamcast projects where my little knowledge is more useful in my opinion.

Zoarb
lithium

Post#82 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:55 pm

Neat! I'm just now seeing this. Heck yeah! Good on y'all.
Life is a gamble.

Nothing is guaranteed.

Don't put all your chips on red.

If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

But above all, make sure you
HAVE FUN

MD_Prometh
rebel

Post#83 » Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:36 am

tried on Redream again

still getting sped up music

hope it gets fixed

arcadia88
shadow

Post#84 » Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:07 pm

fafadou wrote:I'm often absent minded, but the 1fichiers link must to be in 4:3 and mediafire in 16/9. It's @r3nz0 who have done them, so I'm very surprise there are in 16/9, check the main title please you have an issue on the both sides in 16/9.

Thanks, I am glad to know, that there is indeed supposed to be a version with the original resolution available :D I think for now I pass on this mod as long as there is no version available with the intro intact on NTSC machines, but I will keep an eye on this project and the development, since I plaid the game back those days when it was new and this feels uncomfortably not that long ago, I think I can wait a little longer until this mod gets applied to a NTSC version of this game :)

And absolutely no offense, it is just that Skies of Arcadia means very much to me and is for sure in my Top 3 of my favorite JRPGs (where I had trouble choosing a favorite between Grandia, Skies of Arcadia and Lunar 2 (Mega-CD version!)), and turning on the console, and watching the great intro with its wonderful music to get into the mood and starting/continuing the game are just part of the experience I always had when I plaid the game and don‘t want to trade off for something else like now the undub and unconsoring, which otherwise are and interesting excuse to play it again.

And while you said again, that someone did here an „outstanding“ job by bringing the music at least in sync again with the faster running video on NTSC machines I have to say, that this depends on the perspective from which you see this. If the solution was simply to make sure, that the video doesn‘t end before the music is done, this goal was achieved and you might call that an outstanding job.
However from my perspective as someone who watched the intro many time (still without getting tired of it) and loves the soundtrack, this sped up music makes watching the intro even less enjoyable and actually a mess, with now the video AND noticeable running too fast. Again no offense and I am sure that this was also a lot of work and I am happy that people who also must love the game a lot are willing and motivated to put so effort into such projects.

In the end I just would be happy if making a modded version of the NTSC version of the game could be considered. Choosing the PAL version first because of more languages is actually great, so that the modded game is accessible to more people who don‘t speak English. But on the other hand it would also be great, if the full experience of the modded game could also be accessible to people with a NTSC machine and as I said, if a game has such a nice intro it should be considered a part of this :)

DarthMotzkus
shadow

Post#85 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:33 am

Hello, this is my first post here on the forum. I'm entering on Dreamcast world now and love this project of Skies of Arcadia Uncensored. Congratulations to all!
But i have a question: Is this patched Final Release of Japanese Speech PAL wil display 60hz image via SCART RGB cable on a Ntsc-u console hooked up on a CRT television? I will play it via GDEMU. Or it will display 50hz only?
Thanks!

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#86 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:38 am

DarthMotzkus wrote:But i have a question: Is this patched Final Release of Japanese Speech PAL wil display 60hz image via SCART RGB cable on a Ntsc-u console hooked up on a CRT television? I will play it via GDEMU. Or it will display 50hz only?
Thanks!

I have no idea ^^ I guess only 60Hz with vga.

Thanks to @r3nz0, he had built a US uncensored version but I have to check the ramirez's blood file before a release.
As the PAL version there are english and japanese speech.

DarthMotzkus
shadow

Post#87 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:10 pm

fafadou wrote:I have no idea ^^ I guess only 60Hz with vga.

Thanks to @r3nz0, he had built a US uncensored version but I have to check the ramirez's blood file before a release.
As the PAL version there are english and japanese speech.

Oh, that's Great! If the uncensored NTSC-U came out let us know please, and do you know if the Japanese speech will be available, like the PAL version?

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#88 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:32 am

DarthMotzkus wrote:
fafadou wrote:As the PAL version there are english and japanese speech.

Do you know if the Japanese speech will be available, like the PAL version?

i guess Yes ;)

DarthMotzkus
shadow

Post#89 » Sun May 08, 2022 10:44 pm

fafadou wrote:
DarthMotzkus wrote:But i have a question: Is this patched Final Release of Japanese Speech PAL wil display 60hz image via SCART RGB cable on a Ntsc-u console hooked up on a CRT television? I will play it via GDEMU. Or it will display 50hz only?
Thanks!

I have no idea ^^ I guess only 60Hz with vga.

Hello again. Well my console and scart cable arrived and i tested the PAL port on my NTSC-U Dreamcast via GDEMU, and it works perfectly with SCART cable on my consumer CRT, for the record.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#90 » Mon May 23, 2022 9:45 am

I'm happy to say the US version of Skies of Arcadia uncensored is almost ready for share !