NEOGEO POCKET COLOR NEW VIDEOS PROGRESS Racedc Update beta 1 fulldownload CDI and review video

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

NEOGEO POCKET COLOR NEW VIDEOS PROGRESS Racedc Update beta 1 fulldownload CDI and review video

Post#1 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:10 pm

Hi This is the new progress no more jitter on games metal slug 2 eg fullsaving theme update to match nintendo switch versions

Not released yet but here is the progress and videos to the up coming update :) now with DCMC support

Please think about supporting me update and port games and emulators to dreamcast https://www.patreon.com/ImrTechnology

Great action rpg now with full saving :)

Fullsaving means rpgs are now full play-able :)

No release yet just showing progress for the release about 1 month or more work..
Correct now on the last update LCD filter no more jitter

Unlike the version you can download here.. Below is the old version does not match the videos

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On to the old version public

Hi, this is update to racedc ported by troy davis GPF :)

Youtube talk review history and features 2 layer video live play and capture :) Please think about joining my youtube channel :)

Updates
--gui now can return to the rom selection
-- Menu is theme able background screen
--Menu has theme able music
--Fixed white lines in the render
--HW DMA DOUBLE BUFFER rendering
--Optimizing memset using know how from Dreamhal Moop Great guy you will be missed mate :cry:
--Optimized sound
-- Some saving is now working better
--Correct speed for music
To fix
-- Sample rate for dac voices should be 11050khz but the emulator mixes both at 44khz now Not even in the code to do this
--Render on sides DMA distortion minor
-- Box art more polish style
-- port dreamneo cz80 to it not use z80 from mame might show 10% speed

Thank you to all and to my patreons for help and support keeping me going and to delux the dude rocks :) for all his support
overlaysupport fixed2.png

MCF.png

Selfboot CDI beta 1 included all games and new translations i patched from romhacking site..
https://mega.nz/file/LcAWjCwY#Q14-Ncnxi ... 7t8ZD4UJds
Also included all homebrew there is some really good homebrew roms for this and ports of games..

Hope you enjoy it

If you like to see me do a play thru of any neogeo pocket or color game let me know i give it a go :)

You would need kos1.3 and chui's sdl updates to compile this
source code https://github.com/ianmicheal/RACEDC
Last edited by Ian Micheal on Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

KmusDC
fire

Re: Racedc Update beta 1 fulldownload CDI and review video

Post#2 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:44 pm

Thanks bro, I'm downloading it for testing in DreamShell. Greetings... you are great man!!

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#3 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:50 pm

KmusDC wrote:Thanks bro, I'm downloading it for testing in DreamShell. Greetings... you are great man!!

I fear it may not work on dreamshell i have done no testing on there.. Only from a cdr and gdemu ..

We will get it to work on there if it dont in the future

does work on demul nulldc and redream dev build :)

k-do
Doom

Post#4 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:17 pm

Good news, i have tested the beta 1 in dreamshell (internal sata hd) its works like in the video.
But i found a issue, when i press Y the emulator crash and black screen appears.

I tried some games and its cool, i dont know the Y button function.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#5 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:28 pm

k-do wrote:Good news, i have tested the beta 1 in dreamshell (internal sata hd) its works like in the video.
But i found a issue, when i press Y the emulator crash and black screen appears.

I tried some games and its cool, i dont know the Y button function.

Yes the loader i thought would not work in dreamshell i will have to look into this for dreamshell uses Y work for cdr and gdemu users thanks for confirming what i thought would be the case..
If it was from a gdemu or cdr Y would return you back to the romselector..

I will get this working for dreamshell people in the future :) thanks for testing..

I have been told that it works by DreamShell / RetroDream so maybe from a sd card i dont know we will see

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#6 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:48 pm

I was told it works perfect with https://github.com/Cpasjuste/retrodream

What is RetroDream ?
RetroDream is a file manager and game loader for the sega dreamcast gaming console. It can browse hard drive (g1-ide, g1-ata) and sdcard for your games, and more capabilities are to come. It's an alternative to the popular DreamShell application.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#7 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:55 am

thanks to all the user that enjoyed this update if you like to tell me what you like to have in it i will try to code the changes.. thanks

I will try to gain some more speed in emulation but it is good now i think i can get a bit more..

i have been told the gui works well and on dreamshell as well..

pentarou
rebel

Post#8 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:53 am

Cool, it's fun to play neogeo pocket the arcade style handheld game on dreamcast. Thank you for sharing :lol:

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#9 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:19 am

pentarou wrote:Cool, it's fun to play neogeo pocket the arcade style handheld game on dreamcast. Thank you for sharing :lol:

Thank you major updating coming soon videos updated fullsaving proper theme like the swtich versions and lcd filter :)

Speed up on all games

LeGil
shadow

Re: NEOGEO POCKET COLOR NEW VIDEOS PROGRESS Racedc Update beta 1 fulldownload CDI and review video

Post#10 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:38 am

Hi, I am really impressed by your work and progress.
One silly question, do you think it is possible to play versus games on the very same DC ?