GPSPDC update in progress And NGP RACEDC

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

GPSPDC update in progress And NGP RACEDC

Post#1 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:28 am

Racedc alpha 3 neogeo pocket color

overlay support new gui can return to the menu to select games menu music better sound
left right trigger turn sound up or down (y) returns to menu to select more games
https://www.patreon.com/posts/racedc-alpha-3-38389333

With permisson from gpf troy davis i started working on this big problem was geting it to even compile well i have now and saving working and sound

screenshots i dont have the controls working correct only a dc keyboard right now about 10/15fps with sound

GpsdcImr.png

Untitled.png

advcne.png

oke.png

MMU working loading a 32meg rom with virtual page swaping
KIndom.png

metal.png

cchrazy.png

cr2azy.png

Dont expect a lot yet or a release soon but i promised i would work on and get it to compile

really want the bin you need a dc keyboard to try it not done any optimizing to it yet just got it to compile the thing..
Last edited by Ian Micheal on Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:25 pm, edited 6 times in total.

runkthepunk
Doom

Re: GPSPDC update in progress

Post#2 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:56 am

Wow great work yet again. Getting the advance to even run at those speeds at all is really impressive so if you can improve it it'll be amazing.

Fingers crossed for an update on the Neo Geo Pocket emulator :D

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#3 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:26 am

runkthepunk wrote:Wow great work yet again. Getting the advance to even run at those speeds at all is really impressive so if you can improve it it'll be amazing.

I will try the code is a real mess to read and understand but i will give it ago cant promise it get better then what it was but you never know..

Thanks Guess i can have a look at that as well lol.. SOme of these it's a full time job to get to compile with the old tool chains uses custom api's libs etc.. I just happen to have most of them

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#4 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:08 am

Interesting, never heard of this one

does it is an evolution of Visual Troy Advance ?

thanks for trying also with this Ian, having a decent GBA emulator would be great,
a lot of good software on this little handheld :)

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#5 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:12 am

This would be amazing if games can run at a playable/enjoyable speed. How much improvement so you foresee Ian.

One thing I would really like is a more polished NES emulator. One that you can also run the ROMS from an SD card.
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#6 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:51 am

A game boy advance emulator whouah :-)

@Anonymouse : there is proably already one no ? I confess I never check.

ChristinaDreamcustDC
letterbomb

Post#7 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:58 am

Ian Micheal wrote:With permisson from gpf troy davis i started working on this big problem was geting it to even compile well i have now and saving working and sound

How does this version of the emulator that you've compiled compare to the released version? Is it mostly the same build, newer, older, or what exactly?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#8 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:09 am

Right now its the same i have not optimized it at all it was a task just geting it to compile to work on so thats were it's at right now ... I had to be able to get it to build before i can work on it.. Which needs a bunch of long gone api's kos1.3 gcc that can handle it opengl old version Kglx old not on the net Chui updated SDL libs and such .. taken months just to get it to build ..

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#9 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:44 am

kremiso wrote:Interesting, never heard of this one

does it is an evolution of Visual Troy Advance ?

thanks for trying also with this Ian, having a decent GBA emulator would be great,
a lot of good software on this little handheld :)

Yes with opengl and mmu support saving and sound still very slow right now

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#10 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:19 am

runkthepunk wrote:Wow great work yet again. Getting the advance to even run at those speeds at all is really impressive so if you can improve it it'll be amazing.

Ok started working on that i have got the speed close to full now using sh4 from DreamHAL also fixed the flicking lines and corruption in the screen render

This just needs a proper GUI it be done

This is neogeo pocket emulator Race i could never uses it because of the lines that flicker random like i solved this problem