'Napple Tale' English translation patch release

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

sgmx
dirty sailor

Re: 'Napple Tale' English translation patch release

Post#21 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:10 am

Many thanks for the full patch, now I need to find the best cdi image available for that game, there are probably several images floating around..

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#22 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:43 am

Like patch release say really go for DCCM's

All their CDIs are packed in the ARC format, but just put in 7z for thee

Here

sgmx
dirty sailor

Post#23 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:03 am

ok thanks this is the one i had, i guess this wouldn't work on a gdi image.
I don't know by the way if in order to have a cdi rip, a lot of things havd to shrinked, downsampled..

edit: https://gitlab.com/inolen/redream/issues/777

Really, the comment says about this release :Sometimes freezes at white screen changes during dialogue and loading screens. Also, has frozen after the tutorial level, you manage to make it past the beginning dialogue/story scenes. This crashes on Real HW and Redream in the same spot. During the door transitions in the tutorial.

Rolly
letterbomb

Post#24 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:22 pm

The entire patch has been tested. Our tester finished the game with a patch on the Flycast emulator, I tested on my console.
As I wrote in the Readme file - our patch contains a fix for the DCCM image, which had badly converted ADX files (did not include the Loop function), the game could freeze. The only thing I had to do was to downsampled the quality of some songs and SFD movies (I try to make it as high as possible) to fit on a regular CD. All files which I use is from my org. GD-Rom. Nothing is ripped.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#25 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:39 pm

Numerous oversights by DCCM!? Thanks for your kind work!!

Nz17
St.Jimmy

Post#26 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:34 am

Could someone please post a gameplay video of Napple Tale or preferably a longplay or a complete walkthrough? If you can, then thank you! I haven't seen much in the way of videos of this complete English translation patch. When there is a video, unfortunately there is an annoying white Windows OS PC mouse pointer right over the video the entire time!

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#27 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:27 am

@rolly you have left the widescreen hacks in readme.txt you give them for action replay may you have it also in hex code ?

segata sanshiro
Cracked LCD

Post#28 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:54 am

Hey guys, just wanted to share my experience. Burned the game and it works like a charm (in a real Dreamcast)... only then i realized the titanic amount of work that went into this patch. Some text is bitmap-font but in other instances is texture, everything (so far) looks well aligned into the speech bubbles, in menus, the paffet system... even the translation is professional, has decent (and creepy) sense of humor and is easy to understand.
EDIT: Just forgot to mention that the FMVs are also translated and subtitles are embedded back into the videos.

Thanks to the devs! Amazing job people!!

famiac
rebel

Post#29 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:47 pm

First of all, I want to thank the English translation team for this labor of love.

Rolly wrote:No problem sgmx. I meant this French forum.
ArcaneAria: playtester, proofreader
Captain Shwampy: playtester
Cargodin: graphics editor, project lead, head translator, research/localization writer
Eien ni Hen: proofreader, translator
Esperknight: head romhacker
Irvgotti452: graphics editor
Iwakura Productions: public playtest hosting
Lackoflove: playtester, proofreader
Mr. Nobody: graphics/video editing
Preta: playtester, proofreader
Rolly: graphics/video editor, playtester, romhacker, website

Currently I'm working on making a GDI image for ODE users. I am wondering if the translation team has subtitled the SFD files at the original bitrate so people using an ODE can enjoy the FMV sequences in full quality. This post mentions ADX and SFD files were downsampled to fit on a CDI...

Thank you so much again

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#30 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:33 pm

I have a gdi of this and it dont work on dreamshell it's in the dubcity topic .. Now I'm only using serial port..